Chapter Seventeen

Check out the media. :)

x.x

Thoughts were all over my mind as I sat there like a statue with my phone still pressed to my ear. I felt nothing but numb, well that's all what I've been since last six months that I'd spent without him affecting me one bit.

"Anyone there?"

I heard him speak again after a minute and it made me snap out of my stance, within a second I hung up on his call and pushed my phone inside my shorts pocket.

I sighed deeply trying to calm myself as I could feel my heart beating fast just because of that jerk.

"Who was it?" My head snapped to Nishant, whom I forgot was here in the last few minutes that went.

"No one important." I tried to let the topic go, my friends and family were well aware how I didn't like talking about him. But when it came to Nishant, he despised Karan more than I could.

"Okay.." Nishant gave me a weird look as if sensing something was up but chose to let it go.

"Yeah, so you were saying?" I tried to get back to him as I composed myself.

Mentally I was cursing myself for not looking at the caller ID before I answered the call.

"Um, yeah.. Tanvi you know how I felt about you, right?" He was talking in a slow tone which made me more nervous than I already was.

"I guess." I nodded, not sure of where this conversation was headed to.

"Did you think about -"

Nishant again was interrupted by my phone ringing. I heard him curse under his breath as I pulled out my phone and knowing it would be no other than Karan trying to spoil my mood I picked up his call in a second. I was no longer the afraid, naive Tanvi.

"What the fuck do you want?" I barked in the speaker.

"Woah.. calm down there." I heard a feminine voice and frowned.

I pulled my phone from my ear and looked at the caller ID, oh.

Shanaya.

"Er.. Hey babe." I uttered while scratching the back of my neck.

"Who were you expecting?" She asked in a demanding tone.

"No one."

"Spill it already Tanvi." She ordered in her voice that she knew would work.

"Karan." I sighed while closing my eyes.

"Why were you expecting him, did you guys -"

I didn't let her finish her sentence, I couldn't bear hearing it. "No, we didn't get back. He called me before you did so I just thought it would be him."

"What did that jerk want now?" I could hear her disliking towards the guy in her voice.

"I don't know." I replied honestly.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

Geez, why do I have a second mother in form of a best friend.

"I didn't talk to him when he called, I hung up on him." I smiled as I said that.

"Okay, that's like a good girl."

Definitely a second mother.

"Why did you call?" I asked when I saw Nishant boringly looking at the trees in the park.

"Oh that.. yeah, Varnika has a friend who's having a party tomorrow - it's kind of after board party, you have to come."

"What if I say no?"