<<14>>

Chapter 14: The More You Know.

The walk to the take away was a good exercise for Sonic. As for Tails and Cream, not so much. Knuckles had ended up giving the twin-tailed fox a piggyback, Rouge doing the same for Cream as Shadow insisted his shoes weren't safe.

Sonic and Shadow were infront of Knuckles and Rouge, Sonic cooing over Geode on Shadow's shoulder. "Your skates aren't dangerous. Geode is just fine." He remarked. Shadow turned his head towards Sonic, confusion plastered over his face. "What do you mean skates? They're air-shoes." He stated. Sonic scrunched up his nose on confusion. "They're skates. You literally look like you're ice-skating." "Exactly how would I ice-skate on the pavement, idiot?" The ebony hedgehog asked, raising a brow. Sonic shook his head, not wanting to argue further on the subject of what shoes Shadow wore, they were just weird squares of metal that didn't look comfortable in the slightest.

Sally, who was leading the way, suddenly stopped. "This is the place!" She exclaimed. Amy then pushed through Sonic and Shadow to see the shop. She gasped "Oh my chaos!" She squealed "I remember comming here as a kid!" Sally chuckled "It's pretty popular 'round here." She laughed, leading the group inside.

The group ordered their respective meals, Shadow paying as he was the only one to carry cash on him at all times, and sat in a park to eat. Shadow and Sonic sat in a tree behind a bench the rest of the group were sat on - minus Rouge who was stood by the bench.

"This doesn't taste as good as Shadow's cooking." Knuckles nonchalantly remarked. Sally perked up, looking at the ebony hedgehog in awe. "You can do better than this?" She asked. Shadow shrugged, picking at his meal. "It's decent." Sonic answered for him "If I'm lucky, Rouge saves me a bit." Sally scoffed "Need to try it before I decide." "Trust me, you won't regret trying it." Rouge smirked "Shadow is like my own personal chef, except he's free." Sally laughed at the bat's remark.

Shadow rolled his eyes, 'accidentally' dropping some food onto the bat's head. The bat scowled in response, giving him the 'you're pushing your luck' look Sonic recieved quite a lot. Shadow just smirked back.

"You must really like spilling food on Rouge." Sonic smirked, sticking up for his bat friend. "Second time today." He added, giving Geode a small portion of his vegetable noodles. "No, I just like seeing Rouge's angry face." Shadow retorted "Would also like to see you fall out of the tree but poor Geode would probably go tumbling after." Sonic laughed sarcastically "You're so funny Shadow, really should have a comedy show." He said in a deadpan manner.

"You should really have a proper English lesson." The ebony hedgehog said, tone as nonchalant as he was mentally present in the conversation. "Not like you're handing 'em out." Sonic muttered, eating the rest of his food before throwing the plastic container into the bin next to the tree, cheering when it landed inside.

"Maybe we could go shopping!" Amy suggested "Why would we do that?" Knuckles raised a brow - indicating to the exhausted Cream on the bench. "We're low on fire wood." She explained. "Shadow's cooking is good, but it uses up a lot more fire wood than it should." Shadow rolled his eyes "It's for flavour, Rose." He scoffed, barging past her as he continued walking with his newly owned chao.

Sonic laughed awkwardly "I'll get him!" He called before speeding off after Shadow. Said hedgehog had quickly sped off with Geode in hand shortly after he barged past Amy.