8.

The next morning I went for a run in the Central Park and while coming home I grabbed my go to Starbucks drink - Grande iced white mocha with 3 pumps white mocha,vanilla cream foam, and extra caramel drizzle. When i entered my apartment, the lovebirds were making breakfast and dancing around the kitchen listening to , Britney Spears ,
Elle's favorite artist. They didn't notice me so I quickly went to my bedroom , grabbed my poloroid camera and clicked their picture.
After showering,  I put on my NYU sweatshirt with denim skirt and my converse cdg. When I went to the kitchen I gave them their picture " Here and you're welcome". Elle wrapped her arms around me on seeing the picture . I tried to shrug her off cause i was not a hug person. We finished our breakfast and I walked to my Eng lit class.

I was busy writing my book, listening to Hindi songs, when everybody started cheering.  I looked up and saw Noah entering the class. I realised that today was game day and that means everyone are supposed to hype up the hockey jocks. He looked at me and smiled and walked towards me. With the romantic song playing in my ear , it would have been a total cinematic scene but alas it is  reality. After last night's conversation I am embarrassed enough that my cheeks were red as a tomato again. I can feel heat creeping up on me . He kept his bag beside me, claiming his seat and started talking to other guys and I went back to my writing. I was soo engrossed into my book that I didn't realise that the teached was here. Noah nudged his arm and then I came out of my imaginary world. I was writing a smit scene and i thought that he saw that so I quickly closed my laptop.

The lecture ended in one hour. Ms. Summers called me " Lily it's good that I met you . The publisher's meeting has been preponed and it's today"
My eyes widened automatically "What?"
"Yeah, it's in an hour. So maybe we should leave now"
"Fuck. Sorry i mean i am not prepared." I was soo woried.
"It's okay I'll be there with you" she replied hesitantly.
I took a deep breath. It's now or never and I chose now .
"Ok , we can do this. I can do this."

We reached the publisher's office. We talked about my book' plot and how I wanted to add my Indian culture and bollywood romance in the book. I think the publisher was impressed with how he was smiling. The meeting ended and *drumroll* I am going to be a PUBLISHED FREAKING AUTHOR.

I was so excited that I was doing my happy dance in my head. When I was walking towards my cafe I saw Noah. I couldn't wait to tell everyone so I ran towards him. I hugged him and he picked me up while i yelled " I m going to be published freaking author"
He set me down after hugging for i don't know how long. "I am so fucking proud of you" He grabbed my face and kissed my forehead. I think it was the spur of the moment but I liked it.
Then I proceeded to tell him about the entire meeting and he listened to me with soo much admiration. When I finished , he was going to say something but got interrupted by Fiona , the café owner and my boss, "Lily your shift has started come in fast and take up the orders" she ordered.

I quickly got up" I am soo sorry. You were going to say something?"

He nodded off and said" No. You go , I'll meet you later."

After working for 3 hours I started walking home around 5pm . New York City lights had started shimmering like stars and that's why I loved New York. My apartment was 15 minutes walk from the café. We lived near NYU campus.

I reached my home and found Elle, Chase, Taylor , and Noah sitting on the couch watching hockey. When I closed the door , they all whirled around towards me .

"You guys won't believe what happened today" I squealed "I am going to be a published author" I screamed. They all screamed with me and came for a group hug. It was a hug that I couldn't shrug off and I knew that these are the people who were my ride or die.

"We knew it before cause Noah told us and now you need to get ready so that we can celebrate my author best friend" Elle said.

I looked towards Noah and he just smiled sheepishly "I am sorry . I just wanted to surprise you". This guy.

I got put on a Princess Polly green silk which had flowers embroidered on the straps and got ready. We went to Club A steakhouse.