16.

Noah's Pov

We have been in Boston for a day and since it is the same place where my mom lives with her new boyfriend , she has been calling me since morning.

The last time when we played with Boston's Terriers we lost badly. Chase has been tensed from morning and neither Elle nor his mother has been successful to calm him down.

Elle came to surprise Chase and he got distracted by it. I want Lily to be here because she would have definitely helped to lighten the heavy mood in this room. Chase is pacing around the room, barking orders to everyone even the Coach looks terrified of him.

My phone's notification pings and I see Lily's name on the screen.
I am about text her back and Chase shouts "Who are you texting Hawkins?"
"Nobody"
"I swear to god if it's one of your hookups, I will bench you"
"It's Lily."
"I'll let that slide for now"
He treated Lily like his little sister and he could never say no anything related to her.

Before going into the arena I texted Lily back "Thank you and I promise to win this "

My game was going great for the first half. Then I saw my mother sitting in the first row with her boyfriend, Gill. The name is worse than the man.
I tried to focus on good things like Lily, Rangers and keep up with my game.

We are ahead by 2 points with 6-4 and the captain of Terriers is not at all happy with that. Meanwhile Chase is literally flying across the ice because he successfully pissed off Deke.
We win and the whole team comes for a group hug in the middle of the ring.

Everyone goes to the nearby club for celebration. As I get out of the arena, my mom approches me.
"Noah!" She walks towards me.
"Shit"
I go towards her and she gives me an awkward hug.
"You have improved soo much. Right Gill?"
"Yeah. I see a hockey star in the future"
"Thanks guys but I need to go ,my friends are waiting for me" I try to kove quickly but my mom stops me
"Wait. Maybe we can catch up and talk?"
"No, mom i don't think that's a good idea"
"I understand"

Deep down for treating my mother like that. Dad was in his death bed fighting cancer when she packed her bags and left , leaving us with a fucking note.
I skip the party and head to my room.

I get changed into my pj's and video call Lily. She picks up my phone immediately
"Hey, were you waiting by the phone for my call?" I ask.
" Yeah. My phone was attached to my as I wondered when would my boyfriend call me" Her reply was dripping with sarcasm but I did not care because that one word had affected me, in a good way.

"Did you watch the game?"
"Obviously. You looked like you were playing for the league."
"Thanks"
"What happened after the game?
I mean like you looked sad when they showed the extra's"
"Nothing serious. My mom came to watch my game and things are currently rocky with her"
"Mmm... I can understand but let's change the topic and focus on the last goal that you scored"
Oh yeah, I had scored that goal while looking at the camera and giving a flirty smile which was obviously directed to Lily.

"You liked it?"
"Liked it? Dude , I seriously thought you were not going to make it but you always surprise me"
The smile was intended for her and she knew that damn well.
"By the way , I want to show you my dance" She said
"Am I the judge?"
"You can be but beware that I don't like constructive criticism" she warned
"Done"

The song started playing in the background. It was a Hindi song that i didn't know of but the song was very melodious. Her dance was as usual graceful and I am sure that the audience won't be able to take their eyes off her.
I continue to watch her as she twirls and dances around her living room.

"How was it?"
"It can get better" I was obviously joking because if it did , she'd be a goddess.
"Fuck off" she smiled
"Kidding,  it was the best dance. An dyou get better day by day"

We talked for few more minutes when Garrett barged in the room.
I quickly hung up and pretended to scroll through reels.
"I thought you were tired?" He asks
"I am and this is also relaxing" i counter back.
"Were you talking to someone?" He looks sus.
"No" I lied casually
Thankfully he dropped the topic and went to change.

I drift off to sleep.