13.

Noah's PoV
Coach is stressed. We have made it to the quarter finals and the goal is to win the championship. Halloween is just around the corner and he doesn't want us to party and get distracted from the game.
Everyone is upset at that but I know that some of them would go to the sorority Halloween party.
Meanwhile, I am bumped about Lily going on a date with that bastard, even though I pushed her away. The team is at our house because Chase , the captain, is making us watch our opposition team match. They were last year's winners.
Chase phone started ringing, I knew it was his girlfriend because he grinned like a fucking idiot at his screen.

A part of me wanted that with Lily but things with my mom were rough. She tried to contact me again but I blocked her. After watching the video, Chase invited Elle and Lily for dinner.
I freshened up and started making some tacos.

Lily and Elle arrived at 7pm. The smell of tacos was soo heavy in the air that Lily directly came into the kitchen.
"Mmm.. something tasty is cooking" she said, peering over the counter.
"Tacos , veg for Garrett and Elle and non veg for us." I replied.
She went back and sat on the couch.
I could hear Taylor asking about the date. I hope that Nick has treated her right, otherwise he's gonna have a problem.
"Date was flop. Nick is a douche bag. I fell in front of everyone and he didn't even try to help me" she said.
He is definitely gonna have a problem.
"He then snapped at me and I walked off" she continued.
"That bitch" Elle said. I could see she was ready to fight him. Chase and Taylor were quick to defend Lily and started giving her lecture like older brothers.

I got the tacos and went towards Lily. She was wearing one of her dresses which really defined her body.
"You can say I told you so" Lily sighed.
"No. But maybe next time get to know the guy first before going on a date with him" I said.
"I know. I am stupid to do this" she replied.
Everyone was digging into the tacos and B99 was going on ,on the TV.

The next day, I went for training at 6am.
I played center and Chase was the right wing. 2 hours of intense practise had us hungry for breakfast. Halloween party is tomorrow. And I could hear the guys discussing their costumes. Halloween was the day I found out my dad was diagnosed with cancer. The memory still fresh in my mind. That's why I didn't want to celebrate Halloween.

I sat with Chase and Elle because I couldn't spot Lily. They were going as Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds.
"Dude are you gonna come tomorrow?" he asked.
"No, I prfer sitting home with pizza and horror movies" I said. I had selected movies that I was gonna watch tomorrow.

I was walking from my last class to the diner to meet my dad I had told him to meet me at the Blue Bird Cafe.
I saw Denise. I had hooked up with her in the past .
"Hey Noah, wanna catch up again?" She started flirting with me.
"No. I think last time was enough" I knew it was rude but I didn't care. I liked Lily
I spotted her at the cafe, talking to my dad, and wearing her blue apron.
"Hi Dad" I hugged him. He was still recovering from cancer and had started gaining some weight again.
"Hi kiddo. I was just talking to Lily about you" he says
"Really?" I turned toward Lily.
"Yup. He finds you irritating as much as I do" she smiles.
"Ahh... you both like that"
"No and I should get back to work" she leaves.

"So.. how are you?" My dad asks.
"I'm fine. Studies are great"
"Lily is a nice girl"
"I know. She is the best" I admire her very much
"So you like her?"
"Yup" My short reply gave my dad the sign that I didn't want to talk about it.
We talked for few hours and then my dad went home.
Lily was still working when be left so I offered her a ride home.
"What are you wearing tomorrow?" She asked.
"I am not coming to the party. I am gonna sit alone and have a movie night"
"What about you?" I asked
"Mrs. Smith and Taylor is going to be Mr.Smith"
Her sweet lavender smell lingered in the car when she left.