Part 31

It was four days later and Amy was still refusing to talk to Rory, she had obviously allowed him back home for the kids but wouldn't sleep in the same bed as him at night. It was late at night and Rory was setting up the sofa bed again when Amy came downstairs and looked at him before heading into the kitchen.

Rory followed her, "Amy look at me".

"I can't"

He gently grabbed her wrist only for her to immediately pull away.

"DONT TOUCH ME RORY". She turned around to look at him and saw Thomas standing in the kitchen doorway, she went over to him and knelt down. "Hey, how come you aren't in bed?"

"Can't sleep mummy, why you angry at daddy?"

She looked at Rory before looking back at their son, "We're just having a few problems at the moment Tommy, it'll all be better soon, I promise" she kissed his forehead, "come on, go back to bed, I'll tuck you in in a minute".

Thomas went back upstairs to his room and Amy stood up and looked at Rory before looking down and getting herself a glass of water before going up and tucking Thomas in.

When she came out of Thomas' room Rory was waiting for her. "It breaks my heart that you can't even look at me Amy, I made a mistake by not telling you, and I'm so sorry".

She slowly looked up at him, "you made me feel like a complete idiot Rory, I told you I wanted more children, and you said that money wise it wasn't possible, but the real reason was you had the operation, you lied to me and kept the truth from me, for over a month, because you must have had it done before you went away".

"I get that it must be upsetting for you, but please let me back in, I miss you Amy, I miss talking to you and cuddling you at night, please Amy, I'm begging you". He took hold of her hand.

She teared up looking at him, "I'm just not ready Rory, I'm sorry" she let go of his hand and went into their bedroom, leaving Rory standing on the landing, alone.