Accident at work

It was a couple of days before Emily's third birthday and Amy and Rory were both at work, Amy had found out she was pregnant 3 months ago and was just going back to work at the reception desk from her lunch break when one of the doctors accidentally knocked her over when he was running down the corridor to one of the rooms.

He quickly went over to her and helped her up, "Amy I'm sorry I didn't see you there, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks" she carried on walking when she felt a pain and doubled over, holding her waist.

The next few minutes felt like a really long nightmare, she had found herself on a hospital bed hooked up to the ultrasound, before she heard the word every pregnant woman dreads, "miscarriage".

The nurse that was with her left the room to go and see if she could find Rory, at least that's what Amy thought she had said, she was too much in a daze to hear properly.

The tears came rushing out when Rory came into the room, no matter how hard she tried she couldn't stop for a few minutes, Rory's arms around her the entire time.

When she stopped she looked at her husband, who was wiping tears away from his own eyes, and she took hold of his hand, "I want to go home Rory".

"I know, I'll go and talk to the manager, see if we can both get a couple of days off". He kissed her gently and left the room.

A couple of minutes later the doctor who had knocked Amy over came into the room, "Amy, I'm so so sorry about knocking you over, I was in such a rush to get to a patient, I'm really sorry about causing you all this pain, I'll do anything to make it up to you".

She nodded, "it's fine, you needed to get to a patient, these things happen, it was an accident".

Rory came back two minutes later and looked at the doctor, "you okay James?"

"Yeah fine, I just came to apologise to Amy, and to you"

"Why would you apologise?"

"It was me who knocked Amy over, I'm so sorry Rory" he sighed and left the room.

Amy looked at Rory who looked back at her, "what did the manager say?"

"He said I could have a couple of days off and you can have as many as it takes to recover, until you feel like coming back"

Amy nodded, standing up from the bed, before putting her arm around Rory's shoulders and going out the door with him.