Part 14

Amy was sat alone with Thomas in her parents house, she had moved out of her and Rory's flat a couple of days ago and she wasn't eating or sleeping properly. There was a knock at the door and Laura came into the lounge, back from her trip around Europe.

Amy looked at her and burst into tears as Laura hugged her tightly. "It hurts so much, Laura."

"I know, but listen" she sat Amy down and sat next to her, "Amy you can't let one mistake get in the way of what you and Rory have, I get that you probably don't want to see him again but he's your soulmate, you can't let this define your entire relationship, you two need to sit down and work through this."

"I can't even look at him Laura, I can't even look at Thomas, he looks so much like his dad."

"Amy, think about Thomas, he needs both his parents in his life, together"

Amy nodded and stood up "can you watch Thomas for a bit, I'm going to talk to Rory"

Laura nodded and Amy left, texting Rory asking him to meet her in the park. After a few minutes they were face to face with each other.

"I don't want to talk about what happened Rory, I just want us to be friends, for Thomas' sake"

"Just friends? Amy I want you to be my wife"

"And I want you to be my husband Rory, but not like this, I can't even look at you without feeling betrayed at the moment"

"How many times do I have to say I'm sorry Amy, I truly truly am"

"You cheated on me, this isn't something you can just sweep under the carpet" she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry Rory"

"This can't be over between us, after everything we've been through"

She teared up, "please don't make this any harder, I miss you so much Rory, but I can't forgive you."

"Amy you're pregnant with our second child, please give me another chance." He took hold of her hand and she looked down at them. "I miss you so much too Amy, what do I have to do to make this right, I'll do anything"

She looked at him and sighed, "promise me you'll never cheat on me again, and we can maybe start fresh"

"I do, I promise, I'm so so sorry I hurt you Amy"

"If you ever cheat on me again Rory, then it's completely over between us"

He nodded and hugged her while she hesitated before hugging him back.

"I love you Amy"

"I..love you too"