005

┊͙✧˖*°࿐
Don't be a stranger
Phoebe Bridgers

With her fingers pressed against the side of her rapidly beating temple, beating in the same pace as Rafe beat against the door, she groaned.

Her head turning sharply to the side, hearing the sound of a vehicle approaching, the sound of a struggle made her get up, opening the blinds wearily.

Into the view came Portis, the reason she was there in the first place. Two guards on each side of his arm, clearly dragging him behind the side of the house.

Rafe came behind her, so close that if she stepped back, they'd be touching, it made her stomach clench as she felt his breathe on the back of her neck, "Who the hell is that guy?"

"I know him. It's Jimmy Portis." She breathed out, "He was trying to help me."

Singh walked past, glancing up at the window, the terrified look on Arias face made him smirk, revealing the gun from his waistband, clocking it before following his guards.

"Whoa. Whoa." Rafe mumbled, flinching sharply at the sound of a gunshot.

Aria yelped, turning her head away from the window, squeezing her eyes shut as her chest began to rise and fall rapidly, knowing a man just died.

"This diary." Rafe panted, placing his cold hands on her bare arms, watching the tears build in her eyes as he bent down, "Hey, no bullshit. Don't bullshit me. Okay? Do you have it?"

Aria stayed silent, too afraid she'd choke on tears if she even dared to speak, the only comfort was the cold touch from a man she feared.

"Ari." He grabbed her chin gently, watching her flinch lightly, the guilt made him pale, his thumb resting on her skin as she flicked her eyes between his light ones.

She swallowed, shaking her head, "No."

He stared at her, watching her crumble underneath him, her chin slightly shaking in his hand, he stepped closer, their chests touching, her eyes widened at their closeness.

"Rafe." Her voice was barely above a whisper, staring up at him with confusion.

Their lips were inches apart, her heart was pounding, she shut her eyes, feeling every exhale that left his lips, her hands placed on his lower hips.

But when she shut her eyes, she didn't see her ex boyfriend that she was in love with. All she saw was the blond that she'd given up her life for, she snapped her eyes open, shoving Rafe back with a head shake.

"I can't, Rafe. I'm with JJ." Aria ran a hand through her hair, frustrated with herself that she'd even let a thought like that cross her mind.

Rafe came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her tightly, "He's gonna realize that you need better sooner or later and he's gonna leave. And then you'll be running back to your roots, Aria. You can't escape who you really are."

He let her go, disappearing off into the bathroom, the door slamming shut. He didn't take rejection easily. Aria placed her hand over her chest, her other palm laying flat on the bed, whimpering quietly to herself.

She clenched the necklace around her neck, the same one JJ had put around her neck, she never missed someone as much as she missed him in that moment.

Throwing the sheets off the bed, she laid under them, hearing Rafe's footsteps stop at the foot of the bed, she kept her eyes shut, the room dark but she could feel his stare.

He cursed to himself, taking one of the pillows beside her head, grabbing the throw blanket by her feet, making a makeshift bed on the floor.

She screwed her brows in confusion, after all of that pushing, he respected her boundaries?

It made her heart sink in a way. Maybe she felt bad? She shrugged off her goodness, keeping a hand nuzzled to the side of her face as she kept her eyes closed, feeling more safe in those four walls then she had in the past month.

authors note!

small little chapter for u <3
thank u, thank u, thank u for all of the
love & sweet comments ❤️