025

┊͙✧˖*°࿐
Heaven help the fool who falls in love
The Lumineers

Aria adjusted her jean shorts as Pope and Cleo spoke, the three, meeting up with Kiara as they walked into the backyard of Chateau.

JJ sat on a tree, glancing over acknowledging the group. Aria tucked her hair behind her ear as she began to approach him. "Hi."

"Hey." He nodded at her, sitting up as he ran his eyes over her appearance. "Everything good?"

"Yeah." Aria nodded. "I hope. Sarah went to talk to Topper to try and buy John B some time."

JJ swished the beer in his hand around with a hum. "And do you think Topper will?"

"Toppers obsessed with her. Of course he will." Aria shrugged with a chuckle. "She's waiting at the station until they let him out, but that's up to Top."

"Let's hope he does the right thing." JJ forced a smile.

Aria swallowed with a quick shake of her head. "I'll let you have your peace. I just thought I'd update you."

"Wait." He called, making her stop, turning back around to face him. "Come here."

With the help of the blond, she climbed into the tree with him, glancing around at the fairy lights surrounding them.

"I'm sorry." JJ sighed lowly. "For everything. All the shit I said, I didn't mean it. You ruined your life for me and I was a dick."

"I didn't ruin anything." Aria shook her head, laying her hand on top of his. "I don't regret any of it. Would I want to relive it? Absolutely not. That doesn't mean I regret it."

JJ looked down at their hands. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Ari. You know that, right?"

"You are, too." Aria smiled up at him, his hand coming to move her dark strands from her face.

"You're all I need. That's part of the reason we didn't leave yesterday. I couldn't leave it like that." JJ admitted, rubbing his thumb along her cheek.

Aria held his wrist. "You'll never lose me, J. I promise, it's us forever."

JJ leaned forward, pressing his lips to hers gently as they smiled into it, pulling away with laughter.

"Hi." Sarah's voice had them turning their heads. "Look who's home."

John B exited from the back porch, earning smiles and whoops as he was a free man once again.

"I have something I wanna share with you guys." Her eyes scanned the Pogues. "I can get us down to the Orinoco."

JJ spluttered, looking towards the girl beside him with excitement as they climbed down the tree, joining the group.

"And how's that gonna happen?" Cleo asked.

"My dad's gonna let us use the plane." Sarah nodded, everyone's face twisting with mixed emotions. "We lay low tonight, then wheels up, first thing in the morning."

Pope blinked. "Okay, that's a lot to process. Your dad actually helping us."

"I talked to him." Sarah nodded. "He'll do it."

"So, we trusting Ward now?" Cleo looked between the group with genuineness.

Aria rolled her lips into her mouth. "Trust Sarah."

"But wait, I also just have one more thing to say. Um..Since we've gotten back from the island, I've done some things that I regret. A lot." She swallowed, fiddling with her hands as she looked towards John B.

"And, I'm sorry I lied to you about it." Aria cringed, tilting her head at John B.

John B nodded. "Yeah, uh..." He paused, clearing his throat. "Girl code. I feel like we've all done stuff we regret."

"Poguelandia." Sarah added. "It's all I've been able to think about. We were all together on that island, and it was a good thing. I don't wanna ruin that good thing. I just wanna know...are we still all in? Are we still all together? Because I am."

Kie nodded, wrapping her arms around Sarah.

"We pon road!" Cleo said with joy, hugging Sarah.

"I still can't believe you got that plane." Pope shook his head, mirroring the other girls movements.

JJ and Aria moved to stand beside Pope, Aria looking at the blonde girl with a proud grin, nodding at her. "Let's go get Big John, all right? What do you say there, shit bird?" JJ teased.

"I think this deserves a woogity." Pope beamed, staring at John B. "How long you gonna pretend you're not coming over here?"

"You in?" JJ cocked a brow before John B walked over, the group of teenagers indulging in a group hug.

Aria smiled as they all went inside, John B and Sarah going into his room with Kiara played the ukulele, Cleo and Pope playing board games while Aria couldn't hear her eyes from JJ.

The music played softly from the record player, her hand coming to meet his as he spun her around, a beer in their hands as they danced.

"You're beautiful." JJ mumbled, holding her close to his chest as she hummed.

Her eyes flickered to Cleo and Pope watching as they exited the room, a smirk on her lips that slowly died as she could hear crackling.

"J. What is that." She hit his chest gently, grasping his attention.

"That's a fire." JJ nodded, watching the light grow. "Tell em. Tell em. Tell me."

Aria rammed into John B's door, closing her eyes as the two teenagers were making out. "Sorry. But, fire. There's a fire."

Everyone began to panic, realizing the situation as they climbed out of window, all falling to the ground as they scurried away.

topper when i catch u topper