016

┊͙✧˖*°࿐
Take your hands off your neck and
Hold onto the ghost of my body
Car Seat Headrest

Aria had a hand planted on her hip as the group stared out at the many trains. Every one looking identical.

Sarah sighed, propping her leg up. "There's a thousand trains here. We're never gonna be able to figure out which one."

"Well, we know it's car 750x on the track to Raleigh." Pope added, his finger lifting to point.

JJ furrowed his brows, standing beside the boy. "Yeah, so now we just gotta find it."

"Well, news flash." Aria hummed, peeking her head over at the blond. "We're not getting out of here unnoticed with a giant cross."

"We won't have to." Pope glanced at her. "We can nab it somewhere further in the country." He blinked. "We just gotta figure out how to stop the train."

The group fell silent for a few moments, glancing around with blank stares.

"Leave that to me." JJ stepped up.

"How you gonna do that?" Cleo questioned, peering over at the boy.

JJ licked his lips. "I got an uncle up in New Bern, right? When he got tipsy, he'd just throw an old
chain across the tracks, just for shits and giggles. And that old little chain would stop all the train traffic in coastal Carolina."

"A chain." Kie repeated with a hesitant look on her face.

"He's actually right." Pope nodded. "There's a low voltage current that runs along the tracks. Throw a chain on it, you close the current. It would read as another train. Crossing lights come down. Science is actually pretty sound."

JJ snapped after Popes explanation, a smug look on his face. "Science. I know my science."

"Well we don't have a chain." Pope bit his lip, staring into the dark night in thought.

"No, but I bet Topper's dad has jumper cables in the truck." Sarah spoke with hope, turning her head to the dark skinned boy. "Would that work?"

Pope pursued his lips with a quick nod. "Yeah."

"Yo, what's going on?" Toppers voice shouted from
behind them, causing them all to cock their heads back to face him. "Are we doing this or what?" His hands were in the air, staring at the group with nerves in his stomach.

"All right, you all wait here." Cleo planned, grabbing their attention. "Me and Pope will go look for it and send a signal once we find it."

The group of Pogues nodded as the breeze stayed calm. Sarah chuckled to herself. "Do we actually have a plan right now?"

"We do." Aria nodded proudly, her sneakers patting along the metal as she wrapped an arm around the dirty blonde. "Look at us."

Cleo and Pope climbed down, holding flashlights as the ground of four stayed planted at a height, seeing the light be shone across the boxcars.

"What's taking so long?" Sarah asked, shifting as she stared out.

Aria huffed, leaning an arm on JJ as she tapped her foot quietly.