006

┊͙✧˖*°࿐
Everything is my fault
I'll take the blame
Nirvana

Aria had been up for at least an hour, sitting on the edge of the bed, the silk pajama strap falling down her arm as she placed her hands on the side of her head.

She was thinking fast, out the box even. She stood, her feet hitting the hardwood, Rafe passed out on the floor, his suit jacket sprawled out beside him.

Lifting her fist, she began to knock on the window, a guard positioned just a few feet away, her knocks got louder in urgency, "Hey! Hey. I need to talk to Mr. Singh."

"What are you doing?" Rafe whined, being awoken by the noise, rubbing his eyes as he sat up, watching her pathetically bang on the window, her voice only echoing, he rushed to his feet, grabbing her, "Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Hey. What are you doing?"

She shrugged him off in frustration, her attention going right back to the window, "Like I owe you an explanation."

"Think for a second! Ari, what are you doing?" Rafe stared at her blankly as she continued to slam her fists against the glass, ignoring him, "Hey! What're you doing?"

"Don't talk to me!" She snapped, her chest heaving, a low sigh coming from her lips.

Rafe glanced between the guard and her, stepping closer towards her, she kept her side profile towards him, feeling his body heat, "You're lying about this diary thing. You know where it is."

"No, I don't." Aria scrunched her face up, the accusation making her blood boil even more as she shook her head, wishing he'd lay off.

Rafe hummed, not believing a word, "Okay, listen, I wouldn't tell me either. But he's never gonna believe we don't know something, all right? Singh killed that..."

"Hey!" She turned around, her finger in his face as her eyes grinned with tears, cutting him off before he could finish his sentence, she paced around the room.

"Look around, Ari. I'm the only friend you got." Rafe talked to her in a childlike manner, she pursued her lips as she laughed lightly.

The door creaked open, the familiar guard poking his head through the doorway, his hand on the loaded gun, Aria pushed away from Rafe, "I need to talk to Mr. Singh. I have something to tell him. It's urgent."

"Yes." The guard spoke with his thick accent, keeping his eyes locked on Rafe as Aria slipped in front of him, his hand shutting the door, locking him in there.

He guided her back down to Singhs open floor office, leaving her in there as he guarded, she breathed deeply, approaching his overly decorative desk.

"I lied. I know about the diary. I don't have the original. But I can get you a copy." She blurted.

Singhs lips formed a small, "I'm relieved to hear you say that, you know. May I offer you something to eat?"

Aria eyed the food, shaking her head, "I'm not hungry."

"Relax. Nothing's gonna happen to you now." Singh cooed, sensing how tense she was, "You're cooperating, and I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, you know."

"I just want to get you what you want, and then I want to leave. Look, I know where it is. But I have to go by myself." Aria pleaded, her hands fiddling at her sides, "Alone."

Singh chuckled, narrowing his eyes at her with a serious expression, "But how would I know that you'd come back? You know, I need some collateral."

"Rafe's here." Aria furrowed her brows, pouting her bottom lip.

"Rafe." Singh laughed at her, rolling his eyes, "How did someone so young get into so much trouble?"

Aria ran her hands through her hair, the dark strands falling down her collar bone, "Look, I know where the diary is, and if you let me go, I promise you I can get it to you."

Singh's face fell abruptly, his eyes dancing all over his office, the back to her with a stern expression, "You know, I built this fortune myself, you know, from nothing. From absolutely nothing. Do you know how that happened, Miss Campbell? Hmm? I can assure you it was not by being a fool. Don't waste my time. The diary holds the key to the ultimate conquest, and that, my young friend, Miss Campbell , is my destiny. So you need to tell me where it is, or I'm gonna..."

His threatening words were cut off by his phone buzzing on the table, his attention snapping towards that, with a glass of strong scented alcohol, he picked it up, his eyes scanning over the message before he glanced up at Aria with amusement, his laugh sent chills down her spine, "Amazing. A text from our friend Jimmy Portis. From beyond the grave, apparently. It seems Mr. Portis has captured your friends."

He flashed the phone screen towards her, the image showing John B and Sarah, the message underneath it reading how they were taken, Arias face softened.

"Get Miss Campbell." Singh ordered his men, as the other armed ones gathered into a truck, on the search for the Pogues.

Aria immediately put up a fight, shaking her head with pleading cries, "Mr. Singh, Mr. Singh, please... Please don't hurt my friends! Please!"

He watched her struggle, being dragged out of his room forcefully, "That depends, Ms. Campbell. We'll continue our chat later. I look forward to it, you know."

With her feet tripping up every step, she kept her head turned, watching him with his sinister look, "Please don't hurt them."

She was shoved back into the room, the door shutting and locking behind her, his heart racing with panic as she tipped back onto the edge of the bed, her head in her hands.

authors note!

just me again...