009

┊͙✧˖*°࿐
Nobody's son, nobody's daughter
Lana Del Ray

6:30

Aria glanced at the phone screen, the night approaching quickly, she frowned deeply. Maybe he was taken? Or maybe, he left.

She crossed her arms, slumping against the boats wall before perking up at the sound of indistinct, panicked chatter, she sat up on her knees, eyeing the dock, relief washing over her face as she watched JJ walk towards her.

Aria stood to her feet, inhaling deeply as her eyes brimmed with tears, "JJ. J."

His eyes lifted up to her at the sound of his name, stopping in his tracks as a low sigh left his lips, she jumped down the steps and onto the dock, throwing her arms around the blonde as he took his hat off, holding her so tightly it made her breathes slow.

"I'm so glad you're safe." He whispered, his tone filled with pain.

She sobbed, pulling away, holding his cheek, admiring him with her teary eyes, nodding to herself, "Wow! I didn't think I'd see you ever again."

"Yeah, but I'm here now. Okay? It's all right. It's all right." He held the back of her neck, reassuring her with a kiss to the corner of her mouth.

Sarah squealed, nearly knocking JJ out of the way as she threw her arms around her, Kie and Cleo joining as they all laughed.

"We thought you were dead." Pope laughed, wrapping an arm around her.

They all glanced at the boat behind her, eyes widening as they stared at her dumbfounded, she laughed lightly, "That's right."

The pogues loaded onto the boat, Aria furrowing her brows as John B paused, glancing back at the island, "John B? Let's go!"

Aria stayed on the top of the deck, while the rest of the Pogues, excluding JJ, were below the deck, probably brainstorming.

"Yeah, so I have just a couple of questions." JJ pursued his lips, shrugging.

Aria hummed with a grin, "Go ahead."

"A Lagoon 620 with twin 150 Volvos." JJ stated in awe of the vessel, "You understand we can go anywhere with this thing, right?"

"I know, kind of a piece of shit." Aria joked, throwing her hair off her shoulder with a small laugh.

JJ bit into his bottom lip, grinning slightly, "Way to be discreet, by the way. What did they want anyway? They didn't hurt you, did they?"

Aria immediately shook her head, watching JJ's face flush with relief, "No. No, I'm good. It just... I mean, you're not gonna guess what Singh wanted from me. Denmark's Diary."

He furrowed his brows, parting his lips, "Why?"

"I don't know." Aria shrugged, shaking her head, "Said it leads to a treasure that's a lot bigger than the Merchant."

"You're saying there's a bigger treasure?" JJ asked with wide eyes, his eyes following her nod, his lips curling up into a smirk as he grabbed her face, "Then, sign me up."

Aria laughed, swatting him off, her eyes landing on John B springing off the boat, she glanced at JJ with a confused expression, making him turn around.

"John B! What are you doing!" Pope called out with his arms open.

John B spun half way, running, his voice echoing, "I'll be right back!"

One of the number one Pogues rules was to never leave one behind, but with the night getting closer and the sky becoming darker, more residents of the island going into their homes, and even more of Singhs men coming out, it was almost time to depart.

Aria leaned her head on Sarah's shoulder, sensing her worry for her boyfriend, knowing the truth on why he ran off, she was silent.

"No. No." Cleo muttered, catching the attention of all off the Pogues, "That's Singh's men! Right here."

JJ stood, his blonde hair flying in the wind, his face full of distress, "Where's John B? He said he'd be back by now."

"Well, he's not! JJ, what are we gonna do?" Aria panicked.

"We gotta make a stand. That's what we gotta do. That's the only option." JJ shuddered, his light eyes never leaving the men pacing.

Aria snapped her head towards him, a line creasing in her forehead, "What?"

"Aria, we're not splitting up again!" JJ preached, his voice loud, taking her aback.

She scoffed loudly, the Pogues watching the two argue, "Guys, y'all didn't see what I saw! He killed Portis! We can't stay here!"

"We're not leaving John B!" He fought back, his cheeks growing red.

Aria pitied the blond dearly, but this was a situation of life or death. She tilted her head at him, before glancing between the wheel, and the Singhs men scoping out the area.

"We'll find John B later!"

Aria tripped over her feet, his hand grasping the boat wheel tightly, feeling the water rock the vessel beneath her, the sound of gunshots made her yelp, falling to her knees with her hand still laying on the wheel.

She pushed the engine back, feeling the boat rock even more, she whipped around with the wheel, hearing the gunfire fade out, like it had stopped.

The wind was blowing fiercely, her eyes building with tears as she attempted to navigate. They were in the middle of no where with Singhs men on a hunt for them, John B setting himself up for a suicide mission, and the haunting of Denmark's diary. To say she was on edge, wouldn't even describe it.

authors note!
i hate these chapters sm yall...anyways