Dr. Kellerman's Notes

Doctor: Kellerman, Daphne Rachel PhD

Patient: Franta, Connor

Birth Date: 09/12/1992

Diagnosis: Clinical Depression

Date of Report: 09/12/2014

Connor has proven to be quite different a patient from what my original predictions. His case is an interesting one, due to the lack of an external factor that determines his condition.

An aspiring actor, filmmaker and photographer, Connor's ambitions do not fall short of his capacity. He shows proficiency in the visual and dramatic arts, evidenced mostly for the work he posts on the internet, being a YouTube blogger. This platform has allowed him to move to Los Angeles and to stablish solid friendships with several people that form a vital part of his daily life as of now. Of particular interest is Troye Mellet, of whom he has spoken in more than one occasion. It is possible that there is some infatuation between the patient and said individual, given that he has just come to terms with his sexuality.

Not having explored this aspect of himself much in the past, it has taken up until now for Connor to realize his sexual attraction to the same sex rather than to the opposite sex. This, along other intrapersonal factors, is a possible trigger to his proneness to depression and panic attacks, episodes in which he appears to lose control over his actions and entered a very shocked and catatonic state.

However, Connor has shown some exceptional characteristics for an individual with his same condition, especially for one his age. His sense of morality extends beyond understanding, and this gives him interpersonal intelligence of superior level, along with maturity that exceeds expectations. His empathy to others usually makes the best of him sometimes, and that is a trait that his friends truly appreciate. He also excels in his video making and photography, and even in his prose writing, from what little I've been able to appreciate. Even in his modesty, he shows talent, passion and a promise.

All in all, Connor has proven to me that even the most inexplicable cases can have solutions if you work hard enough to reach them. He is an exceptional person and, I'm proud to say, an everyday more recovering patient. It's just a matter of time before he is able to leave the medications in his first free-trial, and that is an advancement that many others have failed to achieve in just a year of treatment.

I don't think he's ready to stop therapy just yet, but still, I have nothing but the best wishes for Connor.