Spending Christmas With Someone (Reigen)

Pairing: Reigen Arataka x Reader

Genre: Fluff

Warnings: some vomiting briefly

Extra: Reader is aged up because Reigen is currently 30 (by the end of the series I believe)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reigen's POV

Every year is the same.

December rolls around and I have nobody to spend that holiday season with.

I am all alone during this time of year.

I've been used to the feeling of loneliness for a while now. My family never comes to visit, so it's just me, myself, and I in my apartment. I would feel weird hanging out with Mob during this time, so I don't even bother asking him if he'd like to spend Christmas with me.

Plus, his younger brother would be utterly disgusted if I were to show my face in the Kageyama household.

Who wouldn't?

Liars don't deserve to have someone special to share Christmas with.

I sigh as I walk down the busy sidewalk in Seasoning City. Everyone is pushing each other and crowding the entire walkway, making it difficult to squeeze past them all. Being Christmas Eve, they're all trying to fit in some last minute shopping.

Maybe I'll go to the bar, I think to myself. That'll be the perfect place to kill time.

After making my decision, I make my way towards my favorite bar to get a quick drink or two. That'll settle the cluttering thoughts in my mind hopefully.

As I approached the front door to the bar, I notice the "open" sign glowing a bright neon pink color. I took that as my cue to enter the building. I was surprised it was even open on Christmas Eve.

"Why, hello there, Reigen," the bartender greeted me. "What can I get you?"

I took a seat in the nearest counter seat. "I'll have a lemon sour with extra sour, please."

The bartender gave a curt nod and began preparing my drink almost immediately. I wrapped my right hand around the back of my neck and I hung my head over the countertop, letting out another sigh. I was really spending my Christmas Eve drinking like a pathetic bum.

What a loser I am!

"Here's your drink, Reigen." The bartender set my lemon sour in front of me. "Happy Holidays!"

"Thanks, you too," I mumble, grabbing my drink.

I pressed the cold glass up to my lips and gulped the entire thing down in mere seconds. I was that desperate to feel numb.

"Can I get another one please?" I slurred.

"Are you sure? You look really upse--"

"I'm fine. I just want another drink."

The bartender paused. "Um, alright then."

He prepared another drink for me.

An hour or so passed before I decided I was done drinking for the night. I was sure I wasn't sober anymore. I could feel it all throughout my body. I forced myself to find my way back home, despite the urge to throw up. I had to keep moving forward.

The only problem was that my stomach was aching non-stop and I felt like I would burst any moment. I instantly slouched over against the brick wall of a nearby building and groaned. I wouldn't be able to keep it in any longer.

As soon as I got the signal, I leaned over and heaved on the sidewalk. I was in an incredible amount of pain.

"Hello there, Sir. Are you alright?"

It was the sound of a woman's voice, and it was so heavenly and gentle. My eyes widened as soon as I had laid then on her.

This beautiful woman had silky, h/c hair, sparkly e/c eyes, and the most genuine look of concern on her face.

"Sir?" She called out over again.

"O-Oh, yeah, I'm alright... mostly," I reply casually. I did my best to hold myself up against the wall. "I just got a little drink before coming out here."

The woman trotted over to my side, slid her left arm underneath my right one, and hoisted me up. "I'll help you get back home. Where do you live?"

I told her what my address was and she listened intently.

"I'll take you there," she said.

I could feel some heat rising to my face as this strange woman continued to keep me close to her body. Everything about her struck as perfect. Everything I could ever want in a woman was right there in front of me. She was perfect.

"This is your apartment, right?" The woman asks.

After taking a good look at the apartment complex she had taken me to, I reply with, "Yes. This is it. Thank you, Miss..."

"Y/n L/n," the woman answers. "And you're very welcome. I feel like I've seen you somewhere. Do I know you?"

"My name is Reigen Arataka. I work at Spirits and Such Consultation Office."

"Oh, you're the psychic that everyone is talking about! I've definitely heard about you."

The inside of my mouth felt bitter. Y/n didn't know the whole truth about my so-called abilities. I'm nothing but a fraud.

Before I knew what was happening, I could feel tears begin to swell up around the edges of my eyes. I figure it must've been the drinks messing with my thought process. I let out a pitiful sniffle and try to dry my eyes, failing miserably.

Y/n picked up on what was going on and was rubbing my shoulder to try and comfort me. "Hey, are you alright? Did I say something wrong?"

I sniffled again. "N-no, this isn't your fault. I think the drinks are starting to get to me."

I try to walk back to my apartment, but my legs stumble from how much Blood Alcohol Concentration I have. I feel Y/n try and sturdy my body.

"I'll help you inside. Maybe I should keep you company," Y/n offers.

My heart jumps inside my chest before swelling a bit. Some tears spill and I think about quickly wiping them away, but there's no way she didn't already notice. She's too kind for my own good.

I handed Y/n my keys and she opened the door for me. She then led me to my couch and we both sat down together. I aggressively wipe away at my drunk tears, but they won't stop coming. I'm starting to get frustrated with myself.

Y/n, however, didn't seem to mind at all.

"Don't you have family to go back home to?" I wonder.

"They don't live in Seasoning City," Y/n answers briefly. "They're too far away to visit."

"I'm sorry for dragging you here with me," I apologize.

"I chose to come." Y/n smiles and scoots closer to me. "Where's your family?"

"I don't talk with them much. They never come to see me around Christmas."

"So you're alone too?"

I meet Y/n's gaze. Was she really spending Christmas by herself too?

"Do you want to stay here with me for a while?" I ask.

"Sure."

Gosh, her eyes are beautiful. They sparkle even when inside.

Y/n then smiles the prettiest smile and adds, "We could keep each other company. Besides, I'd better stay with you. I'd feel bad to abandon you when you're sad."

"I'm not sad. It's... It's just the alcohol," I deny.

Y/n laughs. "Whatever you say."

She holds my hand comfortingly and I give hers a gentle squeeze. I felt an undescribable feeling of joy knowing that she's here with me. Maybe this is love? I'm not really sure, but it feels wonderful.

"Merry Christmas." Y/n lays her head on my shoulder.

"Merry Christmas."

Word Count: 1273

Thank you for reading and I hope you all enjoyed! 🧡