Brother of the Lover Boy (Ritsu)

Pairing: Ritsu Kageyama x Reader

Genre: fluff

Warnings: none

Extra: small spoilers from S3 ep12
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV

"Y/n, can I talk to you for a second, please?" Shigeo's voice is really quiet-- almost like a whisper-- and he appears to be really nervous.

"Yeah, I can talk," I reply.

"Let's go somewhere a little more private." Shigeo leads me to the park that's near both our houses. Thankfully, no one is around.

We both sit on the swing set, despite having to ignore the freezing feeling of the cold, metal chains against the palms of our hands.

"So, what is it you wanted to talk about?" I inquire.

Shigeo's face has gone pink, either from the bitter winter cold or from sudden embarrassment. He fiddles his fingers around for a while before looking me dead in the eye.

"I need you to pretend that you're my girlfriend."

I stare at him in shock. "Huh?"

"The thing is... my parents have been worried about me socially, and they've asked me several times if I'm ever going to start dating," Shigeo explains. "Yesterday, I accidentally blurted out that I have a girlfriend-- even though I don't-- and they wanted me to invite her to our house this Christmas."

"Why don't you take Tsubomi?" I suggest.

"That's another issue," Shigeo sighs before continuing. "Recently... I asked Tsubomi out before she moved away."

"Really? What'd she say?"

"She's not interested in dating me."

"Oh..."

Now I understand his dilemma even more. He can't ask Tsubomi for a pretty good reason.

"Y/n, you're the only other girl I can think of that'll be perfect for this kind of thing." Shigeo's eyes were pleading with me. "Please, Y/n, I--I don't want to disappoint my parents any more than I regularly do."

I want to help him-- I really do-- but there's a small problem with this plan.

Shigeo doesn't know this, but...

I have a massive crush on his younger brother, Ritsu.

There's no way I can do this without giving Ritsu the wrong idea or crushing his heart! Ritsu's more sensitive than he appears.

But...

Shigeo's panicking about this even more than I thought he would. Normally, he would keep calm like always, but he's been more open about his feelings lately. Plus, it's not like I'll have an opportunity to make Ritsu a little jealous. He'd probably spark a little more interest in me if I follow through with this plan.

"Alright, I'll help you," I agree. "From now on, we're boyfriend and girlfriend in front of your family."

Shigeo's eyes light up like an excited puppy. "Thank you, Y/n! You won't regret this, I promise."

I really hope so.

Time Skip

Ritsu's POV

Ever since Brother told Mom and Dad that he had a girlfriend, I can't help but feel suspicious. Brother has never seemed to have interest in girls other than Tsubomi.