Prologue: Where it all began

Hello, my name is [Last Name] [Name], and I'm a typical college student living alone in a small apartment.

I don't have parents because they died in a plane crash when I was ten years old, and I'll be living with my uncle in Tokyo for a few years until I'm old enough to live on my own. And, thanks to a wealthy relative, my uncle sends some money twice a month because he isn't married yet and has no idea what to do with it.

I didn't want to at first, but my uncle insisted because he has always wanted a son and he had to treat me like one so I could have a father figure in my life, which made me feel fortunate to have my uncle as my family.

I had been living in peace for 13 years when one day, something happened to me on my way back to my apartment after class.

It was late in the evening after my last class, and I thought it would be fun to go grocery shopping for tonight's dinner. As I walk down the street, I see a few children running around, one of whom is a little girl being chased by her friends, who are laughing together.

I just stood there watching the girl run across the street, completely oblivious to the fact that a speeding truck is heading straight for her.

And, as I always do without thinking, I run straight toward the little girl before pushing her away, feeling the pain strike my body as the truck slams into me.

"Oh my god!"

"Someone, please call an ambulance!"

As my consciousness fades, I lie there watching people rush towards me, doing everything they can to stop the bleeding from the wound. As I fall into darkness, I feel a single tear roll down my cheek as I remember my dear uncle.

~~~~~

[Name] slowly opened his eyes and saw a beautiful meadow with many kinds of flowers, not to mention the sky, which was a glimmering pink and violet with a temple right in front of him.

But that isn't the issue that has [Name]'s attention.

The one who catches [Name]'s eye is a man with an unusual appearance who stands in front of the temple.

His long white hair contrasts with his dark tan skin, red eyes, black sclera, and golden markings on his body and face. A golden kimono with a bright red obi wrap and dark purple pants are worn by the mysterious man. All [Name] does is stare at the man in front of him as he takes [Name]'s hand in his own.

"Who....are you....?" [Name] questioned who this man in front of him was, and all the man said was,

"Welcome..."

That was all it took for his vision to go black....

.....

....

...

..

.

"Hey [Name], can I ask you some questions?"

"Huh, what is it?"

"Do you ever believe in reincarnation?"

......

....

....

..

.

[Name] slowly opened his (E/c) eyes and the first thing he saw is the ceiling, which he knew was not the ceiling of the hospital.

Immediately sitting up, [Name] flinched at the sudden headache, which [Name] couldn't help but rub his temple to soothe the pain. After knowing that his pain is becoming less painful, [Name] looks around and notices that he's in the room and there's a huge box in the corner of the room, which he doesn't know who the owner is of. And when he looked down, [Name] was surprised by the clothes that he wore, which were a simple (F/c) yukata, and that he was waking up on a huge futon that was for two people.