Zashikiwarashi Act 2 Part 1

A/N: I think, for Zashikiwarashi Act 2, the next chapter may be the last chapter for this arc and I might proceed to the epilogue and extra chapter about our precious little kitty, Kazuha.

As usual, english is not my first language so get ready for some errors asdsad

I think this is a short chapter sorry hshshs

In the previous episode, the pregnant woman was in dire need of a room to escape the assassin that a wealthy family had hired, and both medicine merchants had reserved a room for the night.

She was disappointed to learn that the room the sellers had reserved was the last one, but fortunately, the innkeeper had a storage room up top that guests were not permitted to access. However, it was never anticipated that this incident would lead to the task that both sellers must complete: killing the Mononoke.

~~~

"There is something within this lodge." There was silence in the room until [Name] heard Shino moaning in pain and hurried over to help the expectant woman. "The pregnant girl and this inn... does this perhaps bring anything to mind?" Murasaki approaches the employee and the innkeeper, but neither of them looks up or responds.

"Miss Shino, how are you doing? Is your stomach hurting again?" [Name] asks gently; there is nothing he can do but rub her back because it is not appropriate to administer medication at this time.

"I'm doing fine... Thank you..." Though [Name] could still see that the pregnant woman was in anguish, he remained silent.

"How about the man who the Mononoke murdered? Are you acquainted with him?" Murasaki inquires once more, but this time directly to Shino because it appears that the man and Shino are connected to Mononoke's case. Shino remained silent, obviously uncomfortable discussing the deceased man—especially after she had come dangerously close to death because of him. She responds because she knows it won't help the case if she keeps silent.

"That man's name was Naosuke. He was an assassin."

This means that what Shino said about how she was being chased is true.

"Why was he here?"

"To kill me and my unborn child."

"Who sent him?"

"My master and mistress."

"Why?"

"Because its father is their heir."

"It was unallowable."

".....relationship."

Shino then erupted into a fit of wrath, screaming about how her former mistress and master had let her keep the child but that the last-minute change in plans had meant the death of both Shino and her unborn child. She doesn't desire their property; all she wants to do is give birth.

This caused [Name] to look at Shino pitifully, but as [Name] observed the innkeeper muttering under her breath and observed her response, she realized that something was wrong—not just with this inn, but with the innkeeper herself.

Everyone is trembling, including the sellers, and it appears that something Shino said just now set off the Mononoke. "You're so obnoxious, gosh. It doesn't matter if it's a ghost, a Mononoke, or anything else." Approaching the door, the innkeeper was prepared to tap it to check if anything had happened. "If there's something in this house, then why don't we just leave?"

Recall a specific incident at Sakai Mansion. With a swift reflex, [Name] ran to his husband, prepared to attack whatever was in the other room. The innkeeper opens the door and discovers, to her surprise, that they are in the identical room behind it, not the corridor they were in only moments before.

It's obvious that they are unable to exit the room.

When there was another earthquake, [Name] nearly lost his balance for an unknown cause. However, his husband saved him by putting his arm over [Name]'s shoulder and pulling him against his chest. This abrupt action startled [Name], who wanted to slap Murasaki's face when he noticed his spouse grinning.

"What on Earth is going on?!" The innkeeper screamed, unable to cope with the fact that she and the others were stuck in the same room with no means of escape. The employee who opened the door on the opposite side and encountered the same circumstance did the same thing.

However, things take a slight turn for the worse when an odd room appears out of nowhere, frightening the staff member as well as the innkeeper. Their response suggests that they must be acquainted with that room.

[Name] notices how the baby ghosts surround both the employee and the innkeeper but never both sellers, which makes [Name] wonder why. [Name] didn't want to think about it when he saw the same baby ghost standing in front of Shino, smirking at her.

"Mother."

The Mononoke sends another earthquake, making both sellers stumble on the table, and when they put their eyes back on Shino, the pregnant lady is out of their sight.

Taken by Mononoke itself.

Mononoke © Yaeko Ninagawa

Reader © You

Others © Their owners

Book © Me