Zashikiwarashi Act 2 Part 2

A/N: This will be the last chapter of Zashikiwarashi's Arc and next chapter is will be the epilogue of this arc and then we will continue the next arc! Oh man, can't wait!

PS: As usual, english is not first language so prepare the errors kladjla

"Shino-san!" [Name] yells out for her name, looking worriedly at how this Mononoke victim took her since the expectant woman is the ideal target for them to give birth to. "This will be difficult," Murasaki murmured, already seeing how troublesome the hunting for today is.

"How are the two of you so calm? Do something about this!" The innkeeper yells, appears to be heavily perspiring, and has a terrified expression on her face—possibly the reaper, who is likely waiting for her soul.

"Do something about this? That's supposed to be our line." [Name] sneered, unable to believe what he had just heard—after both sellers had repeatedly enquired about the inn—and the innkeeper had remained silent. In agreement with his husband, Murasaki stated, "You're the one who refuses to talk, ma'am."

The innkeeper, of course, scoffed a little at this, as what the two salespeople had said about her was accurate.

[Name] looks at the scale Murasaki had placed in front of them on the floor. The way the scale gradually rotates so that it faces one of the bells on the side of the chamber where Shino, the expectant woman, has been brought. When [Name] noticed that the innkeeper remained silent, he decided to speak up.

"Ma'am, can I ask you something?" Glancing up, the innkeeper gives the male with (H/c) hair a glance.

"This structure's design makes me think of a particular building... Is this place a brothel?" Name] asks, glancing at the innkeeper but the innkeeper avoids making eye contact. Thus, his response has to be accurate. "This room was made as an offering to the dead."

Offering to dead? Does she mean the baby??

"What do you mean by an offering?" Murasaki asks as if he were reading [Name]'s mind.

"It was all I could do for them."

"All you could do?"

"Like your friend said, this house was once a brothel."

The scene abruptly shifts, startling [Name], who quickly moves toward Murasaki, who has his arm around his shoulder and is prepared to defend his husband from harm. Fortunately, they leave Kazuha alone in their rented room. If they allow the cat to accompany them, who knows what fate is in store for the helpless cats?

"Where is this, ma'am?" Ask the Medicine Seller.

"This is an abortion room." The innkeeper responds, but her voice becomes younger instead of older. When [Name] heard how unusual it was, he swiftly turned around and saw a young woman who looked like the old woman he had previously met, rather than the elderly innkeeper. When the innkeeper was younger, this woman must have been her.

"It serves as a tomb for every child that was born. We were being helpful to them."

Sincerely, the words irritated both of the sellers, particularly [Name]. As a medical student, he was well-versed in the art of detesting hearing about abortion. "What's wrong with that?" The two sellers were taken aback when the thousand matryoshkas materialized out of nowhere.

Suddenly the sound of the bell was heard and the scenery changed.

The point where Shino, the expectant woman, seals the bargain with her young master in bed is where it all starts, with her mistress and master dispatching an assassin to murder her and the unborn child. When [Name] heard her sobbing out of the blue, presumably going through a rough patch, he felt bad for her. In addition, it narrates the tale of Zashikiwarashi's creation, which involved her being forcibly aborted by the innkeeper in her youth and burned in the same room as them.