48

Shane and I walk out of the building looking around to make sure no one sees us. I jump in the car quickly still looking around in paranoia. Shane jumps in the car as well and starts the engine quickly driving out of the parking lot.

We're both silent for a few minutes before Shane speaks. "So are you excited for the California trip?"

I close my eyes thinking about the packing I still have to do. "Yeah, I almost forgot about it actually."

"Do you not want to go anymore?" I shake my head quickly, "No, no I still really want to go. I just accidentally forgot about it."

We spend another ten minutes in silence before I break the silence. "You're taking me back to the club to get my car, right?" He nods still staring at the road. I lean against the window and turn the radio on.

Finally the car stops, and Shane and I both get out of the car walking to mine. We hug and he kisses my forehead. "I can tell your nervous. Why?" I sigh, "Just the whole thing about almost getting caught and the big trip on Friday."

He furrows his eyebrows and squeezes my shoulders comforting me. "Babe, we don't have to go if you don't want to anymore."

I look up at his hurt expression as he desperately tries to hide his disappointment. "Shane, we're going and I'll be fine, I promise." He smiles lightly, "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow." He kisses me quickly and walks back to his car leaving me in a peaceful state.

***
Friday
***

I unplug my phone slipping it into my back pocket and zipping my suitcase up. I pick it up rolling it into the kitchen. I lean against the counter waiting for Shane to pick me up to go to the airport. I hear footsteps behind me and open my eyes. Athena walks in front of me crossing her arms. I smirk slightly, "What's wrong? You look like a worried mother." She sighs and drops her arms by her side. "You're going all the way to California and I'm not going to see you for a week." She says with a slight whine in her voice.

"You have Ben. You'll be fine."

"I know, but I'm still going to miss you." I open my mouth, but a knock at the door interrupts me. "There's Shane." She nods and pulls me into a tight hug. "Have fun, but not too much fun." I laugh again, "Ok mom, see you in a week."

°°°

I follow Shane through the airplane aisle as we look for our seats. He points to a seat motioning for me to sit. I sit down closing my eyes getting out my headphones. "You're going to listen to music the whole way there?" Shane asks quietly. I furrow my eyebrows looking at my headphones, "Oh, you want to talk?" He nods and I put my headphones in my pocket hoping that I'll be able to use them later. I actually really love listening to music on long flights there's something peaceful about it.

I lean my head against his shoulder. "So what do you want to talk about?" He shrugs his shoulder making my head bounce up. "I don't know." He hesitates, "Are you still nervous to meet my mom?" I shake my head slightly. "What if she doesn't like me?" He turns his head towards me and kisses the crown of my head. "She will."

I sigh listening to the overhead system ding and then listen to the safety instruction. I buckle my seatbelt tightly and watch Shane do the same.

"So when am I going to meet your parents?" I look up at him with wide eyes "Um, at the wedding." I laugh nervously. He looks at me strangely, "Ok?" He says more as a question. I advert my eyes and clear my throat. "Um, I think I'm gonna listen to music. One of my favorite bands just put out a new album and I haven't listened to it yet so..." I slowly put my headphones in still staring at him. He says something as music starts blaring. I look at him questioningly shaking my head pointing to my headphones. He huffs and rolls his eyes before putting his own headphones in.

Six hours later Shane and I are standing up stretching and yawning. "I'm tired." I complain. He nods his head, "We'll go to sleep once we get to my mom's house. It's already ten o'clock anyways." I nod in agreement and watch as Shane gets his bag from overhead. His shirt comes up slightly and I stare until I hear someone clear their throat. I snap out of my trance-like state and see Shane looking down at me smirking slightly. "You alright, I think you have a little drowl right here." He gestures to the side of his mouth laughing. I roll my eyes trying to hide my blush. "Shut up," I mutter looking down. I walk down the aisle in front of him.

I stop at the back of the long line of people waiting to exit the airplane. I feel Shane put his hands onto my hips from behind me. "Don't be embarrassed, you are checking out your fiance." He whispers into my ear. I shiver feeling his breath against my neck. He laughs again feeling my reaction and nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck.

I quickly move forward away from him shaking still. We stop again making me nervously sigh as I once again feel Shane's hands rest on my hips. He places a firm kiss on the back of my neck making me gulp. He lefts his head, "Are you alright, babe? You're shaking."

"I-I'm fine." I say shakily. He takes his hands off my hips. I stare at the ground silently listening to his steady breaths. The line moves and finally we're off the plane standing at baggage claim.

"Violet." Shane breaks the silence. I continue staring at the ground, "Yeah?" I say quietly.

"What's wrong baby? I didn't mean to make you mad." I sigh, "I'm not mad." I look up breaking his intense eye contact and then hesitantly look back at him. "I'm not mad, I'm just shaken up. It makes me nervous when you talk and touch me like that in public." He furrows his eyes, "Why?"

I look down, "One of ex's had a thing for public sex. I didn't like it, but he did so he would make me. Now it just makes me nervous." I look up to see Shane with fire in his eyes. "So he forced you." I shrug my shoulders nodding slowly. "Who?"

I look up cocking my head, "What?" I ask confused. "Who was he?" I grab my bag and Shane's.

"Shane it doesn't matter."

"It kind of does considering I can't touch my fiance without her having memories of some asshole that forced her to have sex with him." His voice gets progressively louder and louder. A few people look over in confusion. "Shane, stop." I say forcefully. He grinds his teeth roughly looking down, "Sorry."

I stand on my tip toes and kiss his cheek, "Look I just kissed you and I'm fine, ok? Let's get an uber and go to your mom's house, so we can calm down and cuddle." He smiles slightly, "Ok."

I grab his hand as we walk out and I watch him order a uber. I snuggle into his side taking in the sights of California for the first time.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Ooh is Shane's mom gonna like her???

Lol jk Teresa is literally the sweetest person ever how could she not like Violet. I really want to start writing a new book, but I want to finish this one first. My goal is to finish it before July. Also some information about the new book because I'm really excited about it.

Main female lead: Jupiter
Main male lead: Lennox
Other main male lead: Grey
Setting: Relatively small town in Oregon or something like that (I want it to have the same feel of Bates Motel I know that's kinda creepy, oh well).