18

I walk out silently with Joey supporting me. We walk/limp to his car. "I'm gonna lay you down in the back, OK?" I nod when he looks at me worriedly. He opens the back door and gently helps me get in. I sigh in relief when I'm in and comfortable.

We drive in silence for about five minutes before he breaks the silence. "So um what happened?" He awkwardly asks glancing back at me. I let out a breathy laugh. "Ashley happened." He raises his eyebrows while switching lanes. "Ashley Stewart?" I close my eyes due to the headache her name gives me. "Yup." I say popping the P. He mumbles something under his breath about how that's his best student and how could she do something like this. I close my eyes listening to the cars pass us.

After about thirty minutes we finally arrive at the hospital. He comes around and helps me out of the car. "Thanks for doing, well, all of this." I say to referring to him driving me here and helping me. He looks at me as we make our way to the doors of the hospital. They open for us automatically and we're greeted with a extremely white room. White coffee tables, white plastic chairs, white desk, even the nurses are wearing white uniforms. "Shane's my best friend. I would help him with anything and I can tell he cares about you a lot. Plus you seem really sweet. After his last girlfriend I think you could really be good for him." We get a form from the lady at the front desk and sit down in one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs. I furrow my eyebrows, "What do you mean after his last girlfriend."

Shane's POV (Thirty minutes earlier)

I walk back into the classroom letting out a long breath. I see Ashley and Bri frantically whispering to each other. "I didn't fucking do anything this was all you." I hear Bri whisper/yell at Ashley. "That's bullshit. You hated her just as much as I did." Ashley whispers/yells back. "Shut up, both of you." I say annoyed. They turn to me with wide eyes at my sudden out burst. Ashley walks toward swaying her hips exaggeratedly. "Mr. Dawson," she starts, but I interrupt her. "No. Don't even try to make excuses. I'm bringing both of you to the Dean's office, come on." I'm surprised at myself for not speaking to them more harshly, because honestly right now I feel like ripping both of their heads off.

I escort them to the office which is about five minutes away. We walk in silence and I try not to turn around and punch Bri's stupid head into a wall. We walk into the office and I tell the receptionist know that I need to see Mr. Scout, our Dean. She let's us in because apparently he's not busy. He stands up immediately when we walk in. "Shane! I haven't talked to you in ages!" He then looks at Ashley and Bri and nods his head towards them with his eyebrows raised. "This is Ashley Stewart and Bri Lewis they were both involved in a fight with another student in my class, Violet Leatham." He nods sitting back in his chair behind his desk. "And did you see this first hand?" I nod my head, "Yes." He looks around, "Where is the third person, Violet Leatham?" I clench my jaw thinking about the condition she's in. "I sent her to the hospital because she's in bad condition." Ashley scoffs, "Please, she's fine." I have to bite my tongue to stop myself from yelling at her. "What do you recommend for them?" He asks looking at Ashley and Bri. "Expulsion." He nods writing something down. "I'll have to talk to all three of them before making any decisions." I nod, "Of course." He looks back at them, "For now you two are banned from campus." Ashley exclaims a mad "What!" and Bri exasperatedly says "Bro!" He waves his hand dismissing them and they march out of his office.

After talking to him about the fight for twenty minutes I finally make it out of his office. I haven't stopped thinking about Violet since Joey took her to the hospital. I run to my car and mindlessly drive to the hospital. I run up to the doors looking around for them as I enter. I spot them in the corner. Violet's eyebrows are furrowed and she has a confused expression on her face. "Has he never mentioned his ex?" I hear Joey ask and Violet looks even more confused. Before she can answer I rush over. "Hey, how are you doing?" I say trying to hide the anxiety in my voice concerning the subject of my ex. I put my hand on her knee kneeling in front of her. She tears her eyes off of Joey and looks at me with a mix of emotions. "I'm uh OK." Her name is called before she can say anything else and we follow the nurse to the back after saying bye to Joey.