Chapter Twenty Three

So before I knew it, a year had flown by and even though my relationship with my sister was good, everything around me was falling apart. My relationship with my parents was non-existent, the only time we would see each other was when we had the occasional breakfast. Both of them were too busy with work and I was too busy with my exams and work.

The relationship with me and Jordan had changed as well. The texts weren't as frequent, the video calls became non-existent, they were only brief these days. It was when I would speak to him and see his eyes light up with affection that I knew that his feelings didn't waver. He would always tell me how excited he was for me to see him and that it wouldn't be long till I was there studying beside me.

It wasn't until a week before he was due to come home that things took a turn I didn't expect. He hardly messaged me, he refused my calls. He kept saying he was busy and couldn't speak. I didn't know what was going on for him to be like this. I knew he wasn't busy with exams as these had just finished. I couldn't help but let my thoughts get dark and paranoid. It was the first time I questioned whether he had remained faithful in our relationship.

I remember calling up my sister hysterically, asking whether he had cheated on me and all she did was assure me that everything would be fine and I had nothing to worry about. She told me she would find Jordan and ask him what was going on and why I was crying over him. I begged her not to, I explained to Katie all I wanted to do was vent my frustrations out. She comforted me and stayed on the phone till I fell asleep.

When I woke in the morning it was a text from Katie saying that she and Jordan were coming home tonight. The heart ache I was feeling evaporated the moment I realised I could stay in Jordan's arms.