Chapter Twenty Five

That was our last night together. That was the night that I fell pregnant. I just didn't realise I wasn't the only one who was pregnant.

It was then that I returned home and my sister was there with a smile on her face, she hugged me tightly and whispered how good it was to see me. Both my parents had tears of joy in their eyes, there was this sense of relief on their faces. Looking back on it now, their expressions and responses made complete sense but back then I was a naive girl who knew no better.

"Let's talk engagement party!" My mother squealed as she walked over to the two of us.

"Yes the engagement between the Cooper and Kingston family! We have so much to do, so much to plan, not a lot of time either. The engagement will be held at the end of the week!" My mother started to natter on. I looked at my sister in confusion and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Really?" I could feel a smile light up across my face. "Jordan has spoken to you about this?"

My mother waved her hands in the air frantically. "Of course he has. Engaged for all this time and no party to celebrate. This is not acceptable. Now Katie-"

"Mum!" Katie interrupted. "I want this wedding to be as perfect as you but we really need Louise's input. She'll know what Jordan would want and isn't that what's important?"

"Yes, yes your right." She shook her head in disbelief. "I am so happy for everything that is happening. It's perfect, everything is perfect."

My father came and placed an arm around my mum's shoulder and held her tightly to her side. In that moment, we truly looked like a happy family. One that was supportive of one another, except this picture was built on lies and deception.