Chapter Twenty Seven

"You are not the bride!"

How is this possible? The words that she said bounced back and forth in my head like a pinball machine. I couldn't believe her words, I didn't want to believe her words. I simply rushed out of the room like a headless chicken, searching for the room that was allocated to Jordan. Even though I had lived in his house for years, I couldn't find a sense of direction. My legs felt like jelly, I was struggling to hold my body up by the time I reached his door.

"...We spent the night together, you know that! I know you love my sister but are you truly in love with her? You wouldn't have slept with me if you." My sister's sobbing voice echos through the door. I couldn't help but clutch my chest as I took deep breaths.

"We don't know that for sure! Both of us can't remember! I don't love you. I love Louise, I always have and I always will. Nothing has changed, if anything us being away from each other has made me love her more. I will marry Louise and I will spend the rest of my life making up for the mistake that I made. This is my engagement party to your sister, not you" Jordan's voice was filled with pain and hopelessness.

"But you can't marry her, you have to marry me!" Katie screamed out through her sobs.

"Why? Tell me why you want to be with someone who will only think of your twin? Tell me why would you want to enter into a relationship, let alone a marriage to someone who loves your sister? Give me a reason!" He shouted.

There was a long pause and I could feel my heart hammering harder and harder against my chest. The silence, the pause went on and all I could do was try to hold back the bile that was accumulating in my throat.

"Because I'm pregnant! And the baby is yours!"

With those words that my sister spoke, the whole world around me collapsed. My heart was broken by the man I trusted to keep it safe. The family that I loved has betrayed me in so many ways that the tears roll down my cheeks.

I swung open the door to see Jordan sat on the bed with his head in hands and my sister sprawled on the floor crying pitifully. It was like she was the victim in all this and I was the villain separating the family to be.