The Chain

DAISY DAWSON

I woke up with a strong arm wrapped around me I lifted my head turning to Rafe who was still sound asleep, he looked so precious breathing softly.

I smiled and cuddled into him drifting off again until the continuous buzz from my phone disrupted my slumber, I groaned picking up my phone - my sleepy eyes taking a minute to adjust to the message on screen.

Sarah: 

I need you at mine asap x

I turned to Rafe who hadn't even stirred, I slowly lifted his arm wincing not wanting to wake him as I slipped out of bed tip toeing towards the door, I froze as he inhaled deeply but turned over not waking, I exhaled and headed out of the door to Sarah's room. 

I was hobbling along due to last night but made it to her door and knocked.

"Who is it" she called out. 

"It's Daisy" I replied grottily, unhappy that I'd been woken up. 

She swung the door open "How did you get here so fas-" she studied.

My attire that consisted of only Rafe's top.

"oh" she muttered physically cringing then turning away, I giggled and followed here into the room finding John B sitting on her bed with cast on his arm and a bruised face. 

"What the fuck happened?" I ask - what is with this kid

Sarah stood with her arms crossed and a stern face. 

"Topper pushed him off the Kildare hawks nest which is like 60ft high" she explained. 

"Jesus you're lucky all you came out with was a broken arm" John B stared. 

"Thanks Daisy" he said sarcastically, I threw my hands up in surrender.

"So I'm guessing he found out then" I winced, they both nodded awkwardly.

Maybe its for the best?" although John B didn't look impressed.

"Well you guys can be together now!" I said giddy like a school child, the couple longed at one another as if there was no one else amongst them.

"Okay sooo I have a sleeping man to attend to so I'll be off" I said pacing backwards towards the door slipping out and rushing back down the stairs not before I heard Sarah's expressions of disgust which made me giggle.

I crept back into Rafe's room to find him stirring, I sat crossed legged in front of him as he slowly woke.

As you wake you're at your purest state, you're not yet effected by what is to come today and yesterdays shit hasn't caught up with you yet, you're completely new and yourself, pure. 

Rafe was much the same, as he woke and the morning sun glowed over him the frown lines from his so permanent stern face hadn't crawled up and set in place yet, his eyes had nothing behind them but sweet and innocence and his frame was completely at ease and relaxed. 

I traced a finger along his forehead smoothing any lines that would appear wanting him to stay in a state of bliss forever, he groaned groggily as he awoke, he half opened one eye to peak at me and a smile crept across his mouth.

"What are you doing" - the morning voice.

"Nothing I'm just looking at you" he stretched rolling onto his back so we were looking at one another, he put one arm behind his head propping himself up.