Chapter 17 - Drive me to the Sun

This is the first time in joining street races that Leni was pissed. She was puzzled as regardless of pumping up the gas and switching gears, she is still falling behind from the other two racers that have the same car model as hers.

She tried different attempts. The VTEC now on overdrive but she is still at the last place.

"Guys." Leni shouted on the car's radio system, "What is going on?!"

"Car stats are normal." George spoke as he typed on his laptop going through different tabs and following the car's GPS location, "I don't see any sign of damage on the car either."

"Then why am I slow?!" Leni exclaimed, pumping the gas pedal once more, hoping to catch up on the car that is in front of her.

"This is so odd." Tin commented as she rode with Sherwin on his motorcycle, following Leni. "Phoenix, what do you think are the possibilities?"

"I can't really pinpoint it." George replied as his codename was called, "The only possible theory I can think of is some heavy load on the back of the car."

"Eh, wala naman tayong nilagay sa trunk di ba?" Sherwin asked,

"Negative." George confirmed, "I really don't know why it's like that."

Leni grunted in frustration as she continued to catch up.

"I can't believe this is happening." Leni thought as her eyes were focused on the road. "I need to win this. I need to win this for—"

HAPPY!

A familiar loud voice was heard from the backseat. Leni immediately drifted the car as she almost hit a barricade approaching the curved road.

"RISA?!" Leni exclaimed. She didn't want to take a second to glance on the back seat as she was so focused on the road.

"Happy!" Risa repeated her greeting, "I came here to cheer for you!"

"Cheer for me?!" Leni sarcastically shouted, "You're inside my car!"

"Bawal ba?" Risa asked,

Leni didn't answer immediately as she drifted the car again approaching another curve. She was approaching another highway.

The drift caused Risa to hit on the side and hurt her a bit.

"You should stop doing that!" Risa complained as she pushed herself back to the center of the backseat.

"I have to!" Leni answered, "I don't have time to adjust my speed and hit the brakes."

"We can still catch up to them." The taller woman answered,

"How can I win this freaking race if I have someone on the backseat?!" Leni exclaimed, her voice already cracking up due to frustration.

"Excuse me." Risa spoke. She pushed herself forward and to the side filling up the empty passenger's seat. She quickly grabbed the seatbelt on the side and buckled up.

"Anong ginagawa mo?!" Leni questioned as quickly changed gears, eyes still focused ahead.

"Ayaw mo nasa backseat ako di ba?"

"You know what?" Leni dropped it, "It doesn't matter. I'll lose this anyway because I am just way behind now."

While Leni was busy stepping on the gas, Risa couldn't help but did something crazy.

She grabbed the gear stick and switched it. It caused the car to choke a bit but with the fast change, it got the car to push itself a little faster.

Did Risa just—