Chapter 5

Hinata's POV

I smile softly and sit down in front of the couch with my legs in criss cross. Thor insisted on wanting to braid my hair and I just sat in front of him. "Lady Hinata, tell me about the place you come from" he says making me smile wide. "Well Thor, the place I come from is a really beautiful one" Steve walk towards us and sits beside me while Clint follows and sits on the couch in front of us. "Places were based on elements of nature. The place I am from was called the village hidden in leaves. In our language it's called Konohagakure. There is a main head of the village who is called the Hokage."

I pause and look around to see Natasha and Bruce join us. "That sounds nice though I still haven't heard of such a place" Thor says as my face falls slightly "it's okay..." I mumble. He leaves my hair and says "do you wish to go back Lady Hinata?". I nod and sigh "I miss home and my people and to be honest, it feels weird to be here. It's like I jumped from one war and ended up in another". "We're not always at such battles but yeah it happens" Tony says sitting on the couch. I shrug and feel Thor continue to mess with my hair "I'm sure this place will be at peace again".

I zoned out for a while, thinking on what to do after this. I don't want to keep battling like this... But these people are nice, they are already treating me like their friend and Steve..... The thought of leaving him does upset me. I feel drawn towards him.... I want to be by his side.... I snap out of my thoughts when I feel someone grip my hand and whisper in my ear "let's go get an ice cream after this". I smile and nod at Steve then look at Clint who got up and walked towards the table. He grips the handle of Thor's hammer and tries to lift it. Failing at the task, Tony teases him making me chuckle. "Please Stark by all means" Clint says leaving the hammer.

Tony gets up and wraps his fingers around the handle "so if I lift it, I then rule Asgard". I look at Thor who nods and winks at me. I watch Tony try lift it but failed. He extended his arm and his suit wrapped around his arm. He tries and fails again making me chuckle loudly. I place my head on Steve's shoulder and watch Sam and Tony try together but fail. Bruce does the same but just yells like hulk making me burst into laughter. Steve chuckles then leaves my hand and gets up. He grips the hammer and I see it move slightly. My smile widens and I give him a wink. He smiles and Thor gets up showing them how he is able to lift the hammer but my smile falls.

There was a high pitched noise and I stand up seeing a robot walk into the room. I get nervous and walk towards Steve. The robot starts talking but I zoned out again. I get an uneasy feeling and activate my Byakugan. "Everyone take a cover!" I yell and two robots burst through the wall. Everyone was quick to take cover and Steve kicks up the table as a shield. I use the Protective Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms to deflect all the bullets directed towards me and Helen who happened to be beside me. When the shower of bullets was over, I use the same jutsu but shape my chakra into sharp blades and cut down two robots.

I pause and look around, there were no more robots attacking. Everyone was staring at the talking machine. I sigh checking Helen for any injury and walk behind Steve. All I could think of was wanting to be near him, my heart felt drawn towards him. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and the robot falls down.
.....
I listen to everyone put their opinions on what just happened. Sam has injured his arm so I was sitting beside him and healing his injury. Helen stared at me then at my hands with wide eyes but I just give her a small smile.

They seemed to be arguing, Thor even almost choked Tony. Whatever they spoke, I wasn't understanding anything. I just knew it was something really bad so I sit on the chair silently. Everyone started leaving the room, it was just me and Steve now. I look up at him with sad eyes and I feel a sudden sadness fall upon me. He kneels in front of me and holds my hands between his own. I look down to see my palms completely engulfed by his big ones "is the ice cream offer still valid?". He smiles and nod "yes it is. I'm sorry... I know it's hard for you." I just smile with my cheeks turning a light shade of red "it's okay, let's go". We get up and he leads me out of the building and towards a car.

I sit down in the front seat and he gets into the driver's seat then starts driving. There was an awkward silence between us then he says "did I tell you just how beautiful you're looking in that dress" I blush and look down at my lap "thank you...".

He goes silent again and stops infront of an ice cream parlor. I get out of the car and walk in beside him "which one do you want?" He asks. I look at him and say "I've never tried an ice cream. I'll take at same as you". He chuckles and takes two butter pecan. He hands me the cup and we sit on the bench outside the parlor. "Tell me something about yourself Steve" I say taking a bite from the ice cream and smiling. "Well my life is quite complicated. I was a soldier in world war two era" my eyes go wide at that. I had read about the two world wars and it was a long time ago. He sees my expression and quickly continues "I was injected with a serum which gave me enhanced durability, strength and athleticism. During a war... I froze into the ice of Arctic and was found nearly seventy years later. After that things happened and I joined the Avengers". I feel his nervousness and hold his arm, interlacing our fingers "you're so brave Steve". He looks at me surprised and I continue "even if it was because of the serum or whatever, you were brave enough to accept the new life and belive me when I say it's not easy. I just feel more attracted towards you now". His eyes go wide and I smile shyly "I'm glad the attraction isn't one sided..... Did you really mean it when you said you wanted to go back home?". I look down at our hands biting my lips and say "yes. I... I miss my family and friends. This place feels strange but.... You guys are amazing...."

He looks into my eyes and keep the ice cream cup on the bench then caresses my cheek "don't leave Hinata....". I chuckle "there's no way I can leave and the more I'm getting to know you.... The more I want to be by your side". I see a cute smile form on his lips. His eyes move from mine to my lips so do my. "May I...?" He whispers and I smile before placing my hand on his cheek and gently pulling his face towards me. Our lips meet halfway, butterflies erupting in my stomach. I move my hand to the back of his neck, my lips parting. His tongue slides into my mouth with no hesitation. Our tongues swirl together and his hand wraps around my waist. We finally pull away out of breath, my face a deep shade of red. I hear him chuckle and caress my cheek again "you're so cute my dear". I smile blushing more if that was even possible and press my head onto his chest. His arms wrap around me and he gently rubs my back.

~x~