At Our Ex-Spence: Chapter #27

As the workshop comes to a close and everyone starts heading out, Ivy comes over to Peter and offers him a card. "Here."

He takes it and tilts his head. "What's this?"

She smiles and clasps her hands in front of her. "A friend of mine. You should send what you wrote to her."

The card is simple, but the words make his heart race faster than he knows is normal even for a werewolf. It's a personal number for the top publicist and editor in the world and she is based here in New York. "I-I—" He clears his throat. "I don't know what to say."

Ivy tucks her papers into her bag and shrugs. "Take it as fate."

Peter nods with a smile and follows Allison out to the car. She's quiet and once it's just the two of them he gently taps her arm. "Are you okay?" he asks.

Allison nods. "Yeah. I just–" She shakes her head. "That was beautiful. I felt something so raw and real when you were reading. I've never thought about some of the things you said and well it changed my perspective some. You've given me something to think about." She sends him a dimpled smile. "So, thank you for that."

"You're too kind but thank you and you're welcome." Peter starts the car and pulls out of the parking lot. The time shows a little after six thirty. "What would you like for—" He cuts off and slams on the brakes, his eyes wide. "Stiles?"

"Stuart," Allison whispers, rubbing at her chest. "Peter, what's happening?" she asks. "What's wrong with them?"

Peter shakes his head and resumes driving, changing directions to head to the forest. "I don't know but we're going to find out." When she takes his hand and squeezes, he can scent her worry and doesn't let go.

✶ 🔎 ❤︎ 🔍 ✶

When they arrive at the gate, Peter is unsurprised it opens on its own and he may or may not do a rushed parking job but that isn't what matters right now. He's fighting to keep his wolf in check. He can barely feel their bond and he knows that isn't right. The last time he felt this was when Stiles faced the shadows.

Aunt Klarysa is in the parlor when they go into the house and Peter checks on Allison despite his own worry. Klarysa offers her hand to the young woman with a smile. "Hello dear. You must be my nephew's girlfriend. Allison Argent, yes?"

Allison shakes the older woman's hand and nods. "Yes ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you. Um..." She glances around. "Where is Stuart?"

The back door opens and Spencer darts in, shaking his head and getting drops of water everywhere. He freezes when he sees Peter and Allison. "Hello Allison. Hello Peter." His voice holds a bit of a more primal tone and Peter wonders if Allison saw the flash of his eyes.

Peter nods and then looks at the older woman. "The twins are together aren't they." It's not a question but she answers with a nod anyway.

"Stiles is here too?" Allison asks. "Where? I need to see them."

Klarysa hands them each a cup of tea, her expression calm as if nothing is wrong and coaxes them to have a seat. "Drink your tea, dear. They'll be along soon."

The tea is hot, and the flavor is a mixture of cinnamon, lavender, honey and ginger with a dash of lemon. Allison and Peter are restless, but the tea does indeed help. Their minds do not falter from their concern and worry but they find it easier to calm down and wait.