Reviewing the 1st OP and ED

♡ ☆ .♡‧₊˚
╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ㅤ ╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮.
( ) ♡ ( )☆ ♡
╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ͜ ◟◞╯♡
. ☆ ㅤㅤ( )☆ ♡
♡   ╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╯ . ☆

❝𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖔 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊!❞

♡ ☆ .♡‧₊˚
╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ㅤ ╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮.
( ) ♡ ( )☆ ♡
╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ͜ ◟◞╯♡
. ☆ ㅤㅤ( )☆ ♡
♡   ╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╯ . ☆

Let's start reviewing the 1st Opening and Ending of Hirogaru Sky Prettycure! Starting with the ending, as it's not that impactful to talk about. It's a chill and cute ending, with a lot of good and cute editing. Nothing much to say at the very least, as it's chill and cute... Maybe this is intentional? Who knows what the production is up to with the story of Hirogaru Sky Prettycure? We'll just have to wait and see.

Now, transitioning into the opening, and... Oh boy! There's a lot to pack and love about this opening! I seriously loved it so much! Cure Sky is so cool, and her cape slays in the opening shot! The fact that we're able to see a young Sora and that hero who saved her in the past... I love that bit of characterization to Sora, as she clearly was inspired by a past hero to basically become a hero. I wanted to know more about Sora and what happened to her, as it can greatly affect her story on what it's like to be a hero. I also liked that Mashiro is the one who tends to Elle, even though Sora was technically the one who saved the baby. She clearly fits the role of a caretaker, and I wanted to see more of the dynamic between her and Sora. We also have Futari Wa Prettycure references in the opening too! Like, Cure Prism lifting up Cure Sky and Cure Wing lifting up Cure Butterfly. Also, geez. I wonder if that's some sort of foreshadowing as to how both duos will overcome their own hurdles... I wanted to know why Cure Prism lifts up Cure Sky, instead of the other way around... Seems like the Sky and Prism duo will be a fleshed-out pairing, with the second fleshed-out pairing being Wing and Butterfly.

Speaking of which... Both Cure Wing and Cure Butterfly were in the opening, even though they haven't been appearing in the season yet! This seems like a hype buildup, as they have already appeared in the poster already. Can I just say that Cure Wing slayed? Like, aside from the fact that he's a male cure, he seriously has good flying abilities! I wonder if there's any foreshadowing to that, especially since that birb in the opening is pretty suspicious to me...

Anyhow, the music slays... Especially when the song itself matches the things that were happening in the opening. Like seriously, that shot of young Sora and the hero that saved her literally reflects the lyrics of the song! It even builds up the hype, and is a pretty goose bumping song. I can go all out by showing how much I love the opening so much, but I need to stop here. All I can say is that this song literally rises up to be a very awesome song I have ever heard and it's reflected very well in the show's opening. I can't wait for the changes to come by when Cure Wing and Cure Butterfly have their civilian selves or identities be revealed in the opening itself!

Written on: February 5, 2023
Published on: March 9, 2023