Episode 22 Review

♡ ☆ .♡‧₊˚
╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ㅤ ╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮.
( ) ♡ ( )☆ ♡
╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ͜ ◟◞╯♡
. ☆ ㅤㅤ( )☆ ♡
♡   ╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╯ . ☆

❝𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖔 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊!❞

♡ ☆ .♡‧₊˚
╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ㅤ ╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮.
( ) ♡ ( )☆ ♡
╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ͜ ◟◞╯♡
. ☆ ㅤㅤ( )☆ ♡
♡   ╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╯ . ☆

This episode was... An emotional rollercoaster... It's such a great episode on paper, but it's the episode that made my heart break... Poor Sora, she was broken after all of this... For this review, we're going to start it off with the minor parts of the episode. Let's start off with Tsubasa and Elle's interaction in the beginning of the episode. It's so cute to see Elle and Tsubasa playing together. Seriously, they're both adorable and I'm just so happy to see them both do the Wing Attack together. It's just so cute! So far, this is the minor moment that I'll address, as this episode... Oh boy, this episode is heartbreakingly good!

To prove that, we'll focus on Sora's interactions and the bond between herself and her idol, Captain Shalala. I want to point out how much Sora means to me as a character. She's very relatable and not relatable at the same time. Her badass queen title is just living up, but then her soul got crushed in this episode... That's the main reason as to why this episode is such an emotional rollercoaster like how Episode 15 is... Basically, we have the announcement from Beryberie that the people from Skyland saw someone that looks like Shalala and that they disappeared from thin air after that. After then, Sora tells Mashiro that she treasures everything that the Hero Notebook says, as she literally wrote it to keep it in mind and heart. Then, we have the moment where Sora chases after seeing Shalala from a distance. While we all know that it's a trap, I want to talk a bit about how I interpreted the scene. I feel like the scene implies how far Sora is to reach for Shalala, as she's clearly her idol or hero. That interpretation aside, we now see how Sora gets crushed by the realization that Shalala became a Landborg to the point where she'll be killed if the Prettycures purify her! Yes, Shalala has been alright but is basically in a bad shape right now... She became a Landborg! That's so cruel! That moment of cruelty was the final straw for Sora to continue on fighting and be a hero... Because she gave up... She gave up, as she's unsure if she'll be able to save her or not... After all, it's all about a person's life and they might kill Shalala when they purify her... Due to her giving up, she immediately loses her will to fight and her actual Mirage Pen to become a Prettycure... She even loses the light of her Sky Tone in the process... She's now not a Prettycure... I wanted to talk more about this loss once the next episode came, but for now... We'll leave it at that, as Sora now needs to find the motivation to stop Battamonda and the Landborg and become a Prettycure again.

With this in mind, let's talk about the involvement of other Prettycure members of this matter. We'll start off with Tsubasa and Ageha, as they both are contributing to the story through their abilities and personalities. With Tsubasa being the one to recognize Sora's heroism ideals, and Ageha being the logical and sensible older sister to the team. However, Mashiro and Elle both stood the most in this episode. While Elle might become relevant in the next episode, I believe she's such a good character in being aware of the danger she and the Prettycures have gone through. Whilst Mashiro is just making me want to squeal how much the Sora X Mashiro ship is more than just a great ship... I literally feel Sora's pain, thanks to Mashiro hugging Sora while the battle is still ongoing... Ship aside, I really feel bad for Sora, really... I really have to give credit to Mashiro, for being the best duo partner for Sora. I just love how they both developed their friendship throughout the season. With that, I'm torn off by this episode's drama... Thanks to Battamonda's way of stepping up the formula of monster summoning in this episode. Apparently, he literally raged after facing Sora and decided to turn Shalala into a Landborg... Cruel, I know! But that makes him play the villain role pretty well... I really want to punch this guy's face so badly right now... While I wanna see more of Battamonda being a great evil villain, I hope that the next episode will resolve in him accepting his defeat. After all, it's said that this is his final strategy...

Oh well, the animation here is great, and I just wanna tremble in fear for Sora's moralities... Poor Sora... The pacing of this episode is always great and I hope that next episode will be good with its pacing and satisfy Sora's resolution in coming back to action and be the badass queen she always is... The next episode is going to be the pinnacle for Sora's character again, as it'll conclude what has been done in this episode. That's why I can't wait for the next episode to come in Hirogaru Sky Prettycure. I'm quite curious as to how Sora will regain her power to become Cure Sky again, so I can't wait to know all about that when that episode airs... For now, let's all hope for the best for Sora's mental state right now...

Written on: July 2, 2023
Published on: July 9, 2023