Episode 2 Review

♡ ☆ .♡‧₊˚
╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ㅤ ╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮.
( ) ♡ ( )☆ ♡
╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ͜ ◟◞╯♡
. ☆ ㅤㅤ( )☆ ♡
♡   ╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╯ . ☆

❝𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖔 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊!❞

♡ ☆ .♡‧₊˚
╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ㅤ ╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮.
( ) ♡ ( )☆ ♡
╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ͜ ◟◞╯♡
. ☆ ㅤㅤ( )☆ ♡
♡   ╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╯ . ☆

This episode was really great in getting some context regarding Sora's character! Sora continues to slay and be such a queen. Not only is she badass, she's also showing more of her morals as a character and her flaws as a person. I also am engrossed in how she comes to desire in becoming a hero, and how she thinks that she's far from becoming an actual hero. Proof of that is always the moments where Mashiro grasps Sora's hand and how her hand is shaking. I seriously love that additional characterization of her that she possibly is hiding her fears and weakness in order to become the idealized hero she wanted to be. I sure hope that this series can pull off well with Sora's characterization and not be swayed away by any of the other character's great and unique characterizations.

Speaking of other characters, Mashiro is just greatly showcased here. She really is able to get along with Sora, even though they just met. I mean, it's due to her characterization of being a kind and gentle girl. However, I just love how she helps Sora and gets admired by Sora being a hero or in this case a Prettycure. Seriously, her moments when she helps Sora with life around Sorashido City was the best, and she even is the one who gave Sora a brand-new Hero Notebook. Sora really deserves one, and I think she's a real hero too, Mashiro. She's such a smart badass. Also, I'm open with shipping Sora and Mashiro, thanks to that scene where Sora kneels down to Mashiro and says that she'll be her knight... Then Mashiro just tells her that she can just be her friend... I love it, and I really want to ship them so badly! Please pull their chemistry and dynamic well, people behind the productions of this series!

Also, now we have a new character introduced! While that orange bird was suspiciously being focused for longer seconds, we won't focus on that sussy bird. Instead, let's focus on Mashiro's grandmother, Yoyo. Seriously, that lady is awesome. She may be mysterious, but she's also great. This is probably because I know in advance who she is, thanks to the leaks. Leaks aside, I sure hope that she would be able to help in the plot. She just gives me similar vibes to Kaoruko, the Prettycure grandmother in Heartcatch Prettycure!

Also, Kabaton is just there... Yeah, that pig villain was just there causing trouble like usual. Sadly, he was on the sidelines in this episode. I sure hope that he'll still be like how he acted in the previous episode. Seriously, I love when villains just be straight up smart, evil, and just don't care for any emotion or fairness at all. It just gives them a sense that they're really very evil.

Oh well, the animation here is decent, and also great. The pacing of this episode is great, and I sure hope that next episode will be somewhat good with its pacing... After all, seeing the preview for the next episode is just showing off that the animation will be a bit awkward and sort of give stiff moments. Still, I can't wait for more episodes to come in Hirogaru Sky Prettycure. This series is doing well with its pacing so far, so I hope that it'll maintain into the next episode.

Written on: February 12, 2023
Published on: March 11, 2023