Episode 21 Review

♡ ☆ .♡‧₊˚
╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮  ㅤ ╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮.
(             )  ♡   (             )☆ ♡
╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ͜ ◟◞╯♡
. ☆  ㅤㅤ(                )☆ ♡
♡        ╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╯ . ☆

❝𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖔 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊!❞

♡ ☆ .♡‧₊˚
╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮  ㅤ ╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮.
(             )  ♡   (             )☆ ♡
╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ͜ ◟◞╯♡
. ☆  ㅤㅤ(                )☆ ♡
♡        ╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╯ . ☆

This is a very brilliant episode for Tsubasa to get in touch with his character development! We’ll have this episode review be dedicated to Tsubasa and Yoyo’s dynamic together. While Tsubasa has his big sister through Ageha, we have someone who stands as his temporary parent. I really love their dynamic, as it really shows that both are really connected in personality and wisdom. But what I love about their dynamic is how Tsubasa learns a lot from Yoyo about how his efforts aren’t for nothing. Throughout the episode, Tsubasa went through a Mashiro arc of not knowing what to do for the future…Remember when I said way back that Tsubasa and Mashiro are pretty much similar to each other? Well, this episode proves that they both are similar but go on different paths.

Mashiro went to the path where she needs to be passionate and enjoy a certain thing so that she can continue pursuing it. Meanwhile, Tsubasa is different… Ever since Mashiro finally discovers her dream, Tsubasa now has no proper or specific dream. This is due to how his dream of flying has already come true by becoming a Prettycure, and that he realizes that Elle will grow up one day and become independent. This made him realize that his efforts might’ve been for nothing, due to how he already fulfilled his dreams out of nowhere. However, Yoyo proves to Tsubasa that his knowledge about flying has other uses with help of the other aspects when learning a certain. For Tsubasa’s case, he made flying mechanisms in which Yoyo used as decorations, and how he can read the weather because it’s required to learn about it when flying. Yoyo actually tells Tsubasa to expand his curiosity and knowledge, as it's vast and it can take him anywhere. The term “expanding” is a major theme of the season, as that’s what “Hirogaru” means in the title. While Mashiro takes on as a blank canvas that can expand into boundless possibilities, Tsubasa must represent those that have their dream found but expand even more from the dream they have. Tsubasa is a passionate person, and his passion leads him to become a Prettycure and the princess’ knight. Despite that, he can expand his dreams by utilizing his knowledge and learn more things with it. Hopefully as the new owner of the Mirror Pad, he can broaden his knowledge and be able to find out what he wants to do for the future.

Also, I’m pretty impressed by how the Prettycure are learning new things when they harvest vegetables from Yoyo’s vegetable garden. It’s nice to see that they’re all broadening their knowledge as well. However, I’m seeing that the show seems to avoid Sora for a bit… I already know why, and it’s because it’ll be for the next episode… That aside, can we talk about how Yoyo has been such a great grandmother and ally of the Prettycures? Like, she’s such a good mentor towards Tsubasa, and it even proves that Tsubasa and Yoyo are really connected. Plus, seeing Yoyo knowing Tsubasa so well and Tsubasa is to Yoyo, it made my heart cry for its wholesomeness. They care for each other and have such a wholesome dynamic. Hoping for more Yoyo moments, as she’s a well-made side character for the season in general.

Also, Battamonda is still there to exist, but he started to show a bit on who he is. He acts like a loner… That aside, he continues to be the most irritable villain in the season. However, things are taking a turn for the next episode. That aside, the animation is decently great, and I love the battle scene, where Cure Wing was in the spotlight. I really love how he uses his knowledge about the winds to his advantage and makes himself go towards the roof of the rainy clouds. He was so happy to reach that peak, and I’m so proud of him at that very moment… You’ve done well, Tsubasa! You’ve done really well on it, and I’m proud of you! The pacing of this episode is great, especially with how the visual storytelling revolving around Tsubasa is done very well in this episode. I will always hope that the next episodes will continue to be great with its pace on the story… Now, what waits for us in store for Battamonda? What will happen next in the season? Also, is Shalala feeling alright after what happened on Episode 15? We’ll find out together in the next episode. I can’t wait for it, even though I’m sort of scared for what’s to come with Sora’s fate in this season…

Written on: June 25, 2023
Published on: June 28, 2023