Episode 15 Review

♡ ☆ .♡‧₊˚
╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ㅤ ╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮.
( ) ♡ ( )☆ ♡
╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ͜ ◟◞╯♡
. ☆ ㅤㅤ( )☆ ♡
♡   ╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╯ . ☆

❝𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖔 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊!❞

♡ ☆ .♡‧₊˚
╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ㅤ ╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮.
( ) ♡ ( )☆ ♡
╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ͜ ◟◞╯♡
. ☆ ㅤㅤ( )☆ ♡
♡   ╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╯ . ☆

This episode was... An emotional rollercoaster... It's such a great episode in getting some context regarding how Captain Shalala changed Sora's life and how both have their bond be tied by fate through a simple blue heart pendant... Oh goodness, many things have happened in this episode that I don't even know where to start... Well, it seems like we're going to start this review off with the minor parts of the episode.

Let's start off with Tsubasa and Mashiro's interaction with Elle and Tsubasa's parents. For the first time, we saw Tsubasa's parents in their human forms. We also see them to be very overprotective and misunderstand whatever is happening to Tsubasa. Seriously, that whole moment was so golden. While Tsubasa loves his parents, I think he's feeling a bit awkward due to how he hasn't visited them first. Meanwhile, Mashiro's interaction with Tsubasa's parents is nice and chill, as she understands the situation very well. Also, her emotional scene with Tsubasa and Elle when they talk about separating. The emotion shown there was well done, and I can't help but feel bad for them to separate. However, I love how they address their separation. While Mashiro seems fine with it, deep down she isn't feeling well about that. Now, the minor moment was finally addressed.

Let's now focus on the structure of the episode through Sora and Shalala's interaction and bond. As you can tell, I really love how Shalala is the badass and kind hero, just like who Sora is now. This proves that Shalala really is the one who inspired Sora to become a hero, and it has affected their own lives. Sora was able to meet Shalala again, and Shalala believes that it's thanks to the jewel that Sora gave her way back then. It's also cute to see that Shalala still keeps that jewel by making it her pendant. So cute, and it totally won't be a hint that something is about to happen! ... About that... That's one of the reasons why this episode is such an emotional rollercoaster... Guys, Shalala sacrificed her own life to help Cure Sky & Prism perform the duo attack, "Updraft Shining". That was a moment, and Sora got devastated by her sacrifice. Of course, she was able to get past it after reading a note that Shalala leaves in her room alongside the pendant. "Never falter, hero girl. We'll meet again." That's what the letter said, and that made Sora determined to continue on as a hero and a Prettycure.

With this in mind, let's talk about the pinnacle of Sora's character by talking about the scene when Elle was stuck with Battamonda and witnessing all that's been unfolding in the castle. Sora shows more of her badass queen moments. Her morals as a hero in training was put into play through seeing things in Elle's lens. While Elle and Tsubasa's bond is certified to be strong, Elle's stronger bond in the group comes from none other than the one who saved her from the chase with Kabaton... Sora... We talked about Elle's bonds with the characters, and Episode 8 proves the strength of Sora and Elle's bond. Now, we'll see more of Sora and Elle's bond being such a great example of a "victim and savior" relationship done well. Here, Elle sees Tsubasa and her parents get harmed. Reason as to why is because she's the target of the Underg Empire. What makes her mentality worsen is when she sees Sora and Mashiro passed out after exerting a lot of energy in purifying the strongest Landborg. Seeing her hero fallen, she yelled out her name... Sora then appears to be awoken from Elle's call, and she just got a chad amount of anger to Battamonda. Seriously, that moment was so intense and badass. The queen just had enough, and that's the strength of the episode to me. Sora confronts the enemy like that, getting all angry to the point where even the villain gets scared of her. After Battamonda flees, Sora comforts Elle... That was such a moment, and I really want to say that the VAs did a great job in screaming, grunting, and getting very serious or angry. Such a display of emotion, and this might be a rare instance of yelling in the recent seasons of Prettycure.

I am also engrossed in the conflict of the season, as the stakes are rising very high. Through that, let's talk about Battamonda and how he just steps up the formula of monster summoning in this episode. Unlike Kabaton, Battamonda takes a lot more action and smarts to attack Skyland and retrieve Elle. He's such a great two-faced character, and he plays the role of a villain very well. Though, I believe the staff behind the season may have gone a bit far when Battamonda just knocked out Tsubasa with just one smack... About that, um... Well, Tsubasa just showed his recklessness when in battle... Yeah, and due to that he got injured and is in no state to join the fight. That's why it's only Sora and Mashiro fighting by using their duo attack... I'm just feeling bad for Tsubasa day by day, huh? ... Please don't let this be Tsubasa's trait throughout the whole season! That aside, his power display shows a lot about how he planned things out. He was able to make a very powerful Landborg just by attacking Skyland with minor Landborgs. Not only that, he was able to curse the King and Queen where he made them enter a comatose state. That was a smart and cruel move, as this displays the King and Queen showing their parental instincts in keeping their daughter safe. This also proves that he's really after Elle, but is too smart to the point where he sets up a plan to infiltrate the castle. Through that, I wanna see more of Battamonda being very evil and a great villain to oppose and challenge our heroes' moralities.

Oh well, the animation here is decent, and also great. Especially the animation of Shalala fighting the giant Landborg through riding a giant bird... Damn, talk about badass... Anyways, the pacing of this episode is great and I sure hope that next episode will be somewhat good with its pacing... After all, the next episode confirms that the heroes are going back to Sorashido City in order to both find a way to save the King and Queen, and keep Elle safe. Since Elle is all by herself with no one to properly look at her, it's logical that the cures need to look after Elle themselves. They know Elle more and I think Elle trusts them more, as they were the ones that Elle made Prettycures to. I now can't wait for more episodes to come in Hirogaru Sky Prettycure. This series is doing well with its pacing so far, and I hope that the next episode will be as great as the previous episodes. Let's see what else is in store for us once our heroes come back to Sorashido City and save the King and Queen from Battamonda's curse...

Written on: May 14, 2023
Published on: May 18, 2023