Episode 17 Review

♡ ☆ .♡‧₊˚
╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ㅤ ╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮.
( ) ♡ ( )☆ ♡
╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ͜ ◟◞╯♡
. ☆ ㅤㅤ( )☆ ♡
♡   ╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╯ . ☆

❝𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖔 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊!❞

♡ ☆ .♡‧₊˚
╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ㅤ ╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮.
( ) ♡ ( )☆ ♡
╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╭◜◝ ͡ ◜◝╮ ͜ ◟◞╯♡
. ☆ ㅤㅤ( )☆ ♡
♡   ╰◟◞ ͜ ◟◞╯ . ☆

This episode was filler at its finest, but it provides great Sora X Mashiro moments. Well, this season IS solely focusing our main duo, since they represent the skies and the clouds respectively. In this case, Mashiro becomes somewhat relatable when it comes to becoming reliable to pass the baton to Sora. We've seen Mashiro being underestimated towards herself. It always has been a part of character, as she constantly thinks she's not good enough. Thankfully, this relay race is a wakeup call for Mashiro to see more of who she is. It's been hinted on Episode 10 that she'll start seeing more on who she is and her strengths and weaknesses. This episode is most likely a testament to what's been hinted at before. Mashiro is a hard worker and has a strong determination, similar to how Sora is. Speaking of Sora, we continue to see her slay and be such a queen... But not only that, she's shown herself to be the best supporter of Mashiro... Or basically both of them showing off OTP ship moments...

That aside, I really love the dynamic between our main duo, as both of them showed how great their chemistry is. Take the instance of Sora and Mashiro's heart to heart talk as an example... You can tell that both have suffered after Mashiro tripped while running. However, Mashiro doesn't waver and continues to run and pass that baton to Sora. After all, she believes in Sora... When Sora was about to give up, seeing Mashiro get back up awakened Sora and let her go full speed... Sora has seen Mashiro and helped her train in being able to pass the baton. It tells Sora that Mashiro did all she could, and it made her want to tell Mashiro that she couldn't have passed the baton without her strong will. Of course, when the battle came, Mashiro lends Sora her prism projectiles, as she believes that Sora can definitely hit the Landborg with that assistance... Such a good Sora X Mashiro episode, but full credits to Mashiro. She really shined like a prism throughout this episode.

Then the montage of Mashiro's intensive training was really educational, as it made me interested in how runners properly run in a race. It's really different from normal running, and I actually wanted to try it for myself. I hope that me and my friends can do it with me for fun. Also, it's quite interesting to hear more Skyland customs. Especially considering how this episode finally brings our hero girl duo back to school in this episode. This Skyland custom gives us another important detail to Sora's character that she has always been a volunteer to run towards the finish line with the baton. That made me kin Sora even more, and she just slays so hard to be that strong of a person. The other characters were there just to cheer on Mashiro, which is cute. But Tsubasa and Ageha shined more than a regular side character. Tsubasa constantly showed help to Mashiro in running, and just showed off how precious and smart he is. I also love seeing him help Sora and Mashiro in the battle and be able to assist the duo in any ways possible. Ageha also shows us how great of a babysitter she is. While everyone, especially Sora and Tsubasa, are clearly attached to Elle... Ageha is able to show more of her tending to Elle. It's a nice way for her to let the viewers know that her attachment to Elle is really similar to the rest of the cast. This episode also proves that Mashiro's connection to Elle is on an emotional level. Thanks to Yoyo saying that Mashiro and Elle are quite similar, this proves that my implication of Mashiro and Elle's connection in Episode 3 is correct. Well, that sounds like a great way to showcase everyone's bonds with Elle and their attachment to her.

Battamonda on the other hand is just there. He was on the sidelines for this episode. But he still is how he acted in the previous episode. Oh well, let's just hope that his two-faced ego won't be such a problem to his personality overall. Also, Anyhow, the animation here is decent, and also great. I really loved the visual storytelling too, since it felt so real. The pacing of this episode is also very great. I'm excited and I can't wait for more to come in Hirogaru Sky Prettycure. With Cure Butterfly finally debuting in the next episode, I hope that her debut will maintain the story's pacing and make things even more exciting!

Written on: May 28, 2023
Published on: June 1, 2023