Chapter 32

Calista's POV
Everything with my new house happened right away. I wasn't able to go with Dean after the break. Sherry wanted me to help her unpack. I didn't want to let him go.

"I'll see you in a few weeks."

"Don't go!"

I started hugging him tighter. I started crying.

"I'll talk to you whenever, I can."

Tao and Oliver ripped him away from me. Dean walked away with his head down. Sherry was holding me back.

"Let me go! Let me go! Take me with you! Dean, come back! I-I love you!"

He paused then ran back over to me. He grabbed me and pulled me into his arms.

"I love you too."

We started crying.

He...

Never....

Cries....

That's how I knew, he meant it. Until that moment, I had never seen or heard Dean Rivera cry.

So this...

This...

Is what it's like to have someone love you?

He started hugging me tighter. My nails were digging into his back. He pressed our foreheads together and I kissed him.

"I don't want to leave you here."

"I don't want you to leave me here."

"Call me if anything happens. I'll suck it up and get on a plane."

He walked away from me and got in a van and left. I ran into my new room. I sat down on my bed and continued crying. I spent the rest of the day dragging myself around my room unpacking. I spent the next morning in my art room. Sherry helped me set up my drawing table.

"I'm so sorry Callie."

"I-it's fine. You need help. I'll talk to him later probably."

"Isn't there a show tonight?"

"Oh that's right. He's probably in a different time zone too."

My phone pinged and I picked it up.

Dean: I'm free for 15 minutes. Call me if you're awake.

I smiled.

"He's free right now. I'm calling him."

*Phone Call with Dean*
"Hi!"

"Hey baby! How'd you sleep?"

"Eh. I felt weird. These walls are so different. It's bigger than my old room. I don't know anything around here."

"You'll get used to it. Have you at least gone outside?"

"No. Anyway..where are you right now?"

"I'm like 13 hours away. I think...I don't know. I stayed in my bunk."

"Did you doze off?"

"No. I'm couldn't sleep really. I wanted to talk to you but I didn't know if you were awake."

"Awww. You should've checked."

"Yeah. I know. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's fine. Are we in the same time zone?"

"I honestly have no idea. I'll check after I talk to you. How's unpacking going?"

"Okay. I worked on my room yesterday. Now we're dealing with my art room."

"Anything new in your sketchbooks?"

"No. Not yet. Would it be weird if I still drew you?"

"I don't think so. It's cute."

"For now."

"True. For now. Fuck. I gotta go. I'll try to talk to you later. Love you."

"Love you too."

*End of Phone Call*
I put my phone down.

"How was it?"

"Good. He'll try to talk to me again later."