Prologue

.
.
.
.
.

- FUCK!! FASTER, JUNGKOOK! AH-H FASTER! - I said to myself as I raced between the concrete buildings.

I even managed to hook one with my body.

I remember tripping and falling several times.

The dull pain, dust and numb legs that led themselves through the unknown streets of Seoul, were all I could feel.

My temporary shelter was behind a smelly container. And then I laid my bloody knees on the cold ground for a few minutes.

My hands were attached to my painful thighs and I was trying to breathe a more air into my lungs.

Every breath took me to the point of no return. The air I was breathing was suffocated and hurtfull.

So paradoxically.

Like this whole crappy situation.

Pain, as I predicted, it arrived together with the whole deal. I wore the marks of the beating. Except for the pain in my ribs, which reminded me with every breath of what happened just a few hours ago, my lip was torn and the cheekbone on my cheek was swollen. All this added to the cut on the temple.

I knew I was having a strange effect on the onlookers but that was the least of my worries.

I took my phone out of my pocket which was at 3% battery and prayed to all the heavenly powers that he would answer.

Because he was a culprit for this whole mess. But I didn't blame him.

I could not.

And yes, he finally answered and as soon as I heard his deep voice on the other end of wire, I immediately started talking, not knowing when the connection would end.

- Listen to me... they are tapping my phone. I will be at the place where we first met. Wait for me for...

Silence.

Dead fucking silence.

I threw the phone as I straightened up. My torn shirt billowing around my bare waist as I raced towards said place.

My lungs started to burn. Pain was overwhelming me, fatigue was taking its toll and fainting threatened.

For some reason, I thought only of him and how to teleport to that place as soon as possible.

I raced through the busy streets, hitting passers-by, from time to time I heard their curses.

When I turned to spot them, to spot my executioners, they were nowhere in sight.

Or at least I couldn't see them.

But I knew deep down that they were watching me and that they even had me in their target, so nothing would surprise me.

I could be shot at this very moment.

Sparks appeared in my eyes as soon as I saw our place from afar.

I felt my legs move faster, running at incredible speed. The gravel crunched under my feet, which I no longer sense.

Earth dust rose up all around me and floated. I felt it find its way to my mouth. I began to cough violently, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

Fire engulfed my lungs, my insides. Breathing became my worst nightmare.

I encouraged myself that I could do it, that there was still a little left. Although at certain moments it seemed to me that this was just too difficult task.

What if I just let go?

What if I give up and let them grab me in their claws?

And you must be wondering how I ended up in such a messed up situation?

Well, it all started when I met him for the first time...

.
.
.
.
.