Chapter 14

It is death that permeates and fills everything. All our thoughts and occupations stemmed from death. It was the one who weakens our body, and even when a person was at his full strength, it was always present around the corner.

That's why he should hate death, he should fight against it with his thoughts, without respite and with all the available funds.

Because in life it's as if you don't do anything else, you just die.

And as much as Jungkook thought about it in the state he was in, there was a small spark of wanting to live it out, with him. Tae appeared in his mind and so he left a dedication to the theory of death itself.

The older one became the most important thing for Jungkook, and that man became something that really happened to him.

The sound of the phone startled him for a second and he slowly began to open his eyes. He was lying helplessly on the ground, and with the last atom of strength he managed to push away the leg that had already kicked him several times in the ribs.

Jungkook quickly wiped his bloody lips with his palm and rose to his knees, determined to fight back. But without any strength left, he felt as if he was floating in some fantasy.

Because every death requires a fantasy. Something that was a product of the creative mind, just like death itself. Therefore, the being who was not able to embrace fantasy, could not embrace death either.

But everything happened in a few seconds.

The young man started running without looking back.

- FUCK!! FASTER, JUNGKOOK! AH-H FASTER! - he said himself as he raced between the concrete buildings.

He even managed to hook one with his body.

He remember tripping and falling several times.

The dull pain, dust and numb legs that led themselves through the unknown streets of Seoul, were all he could feel.

His temporary shelter was behind a smelly container. And then he laid his bloody knees on the cold ground for a few minutes.

Every breath took Jungkook to the point of no return. The air he was breathing was suffocated and hurtfull.

He took phone out of his pocket which was at 3% battery and prayed to all the heavenly powers that he would answer.

Because Tae was a culprit for this whole mess. But he didn't blame him.

- Listen to me... they are tapping my phone. I will be at the place where we first met. Wait for me for... - he said that but the connection ended before he could finish his sentence.

Silence.

Jungkook threw the phone as he straightened up. His torn shirt billowing around his bare waist as he raced towards said place.

The younger's lungs started to burn. Pain was overwhelming the man, fatigue was taking its toll and fainting threatened.

For some reason, Jungkook thought only of him and how to teleport to that place as soon as possible.

When he turned to spot them, to spot his executioners, they were nowhere in sight.

Or at least Jungkook couldn't see them.

Fire engulfed his lungs, his insides. Breathing became his worst nightmare.

Jungkook encouraged himself that he could do it, that there was still a little left. Although at certain moments it seemed to him that this was just too difficult task.