Chapter 4

While doing the final cleaning at the hotel, which he failed to do last morning, Jungkook thought back to the evening he spent with the man who convinced him to meet again tonight.

Jungkook couldn't know what role Tae was playing and if it was all part of some twisted performance at all, but he accepted it as part of reality.

Taehyung's invitation to the dinner before the cover recording of his song next day, was worth as much to the younger man as a declaration of absolute love.

Love, which he had never experienced before.

But then, in the hotel room while dragging a garbage bag with him, he wondered how he deserved all this. Jungkook thought that he bothered himself with those questions because of his weakness of character.

Because of which he scolded himself and turned all this into imagination just because he felt guilt for stealing the watch.

So that evening he went to dinner with a beautiful man, with the thought all this is undeserved and that it will disappear even before it starts. Jungkook mocked himself for even believing in chance that Taehyung really liked him.

And that was his way of dealing with karma. He told himself it was karma and let it hit him. The younger thought he deserved it because of the sin he committed.

The restaurant that the elder chose was modest but very nicely arranged. Right at the entrance, it gave off a pleasant intimate atmosphere that suited both of them. The waiter led them to a small table in the corner of the second room, which was a bit separated from the crowd and the constant passing of guests.

Tae smiled as he pulled out a chair for his companion. The younger one gave him a gentle smile that screamed tension.

Jungkook unconsciously wanted to sabotage himself.

They briefly exchanged glances as they said the items on the menu. The waiter brought drinkable red wine, ready to pour their glasses, but Tae interrupted him with his raised hand and then stood from his comfortable chair and took over the bottle.

He poured the wine first for Jungkook, who thanked him, and then for himself.

- Well... Jungkook... how about we continue the conversation where we left off? - asked the older man while intertwining his fingers in front of his chin, leaning on his elbows, and staring deeply at the beautiful picture in front of him.

- What do you want to know? - Jungkook asked him in a low tone. He was scared, because apparently everything was going so well and smoothly, he didn't want to carry the burden of losing Taehyung for the rest of his life.

Tae may have been a man who lost his stuff but he was heavenly handsome. And quite rich. as

It's not like he couldn't find the right person on every corner. He was always filled with the attention of girls and boys who eagerly desired him.

And Jungkook? The image of his first boyfriend almost faded in his mind. He almost forgot the feeling of a hug and a gentle caress... the younger no longer remembers how it feels when you kiss someone.

He knew that as soon as this was over he would be deeply hurt when the elder rejected him.

And no, he didn't think that the older man was a bad person because of that, that's just how it goes in life. And he was willing to accept his destiny for one reason only. Because he absolutely deserved it.

- I want to know who you are, Jungkook? I wonder if you're even real? - Tae asked as he shrugged, leaning back in his chair.

- Well... my life is not interesting, at least not like yours.