Chapter 10

At first Jungkook couldn't clearly discern whether the door that offered deliverance from this world was really so close, almost within reach.

He lay semi-unconscious in a dark booth. Heavy dark curtains hid the secrets behind them and absorbed the thick smoke that spread through the club.

Taehyung shook him briskly to come to his senses, but Jungkook was lying with his head resting on the seats of the dirty booth while the rest of his body occupied the small area under the table. His body was almost as cold as the tiles under him, which were wet from various spilled drinks.

This time Taehyung didn't listen to the people around him. Instead he took Jungkook in his arms and ignored every voice that came from the crowd.

He ran down the hall, and down the winding stairs that led to the only exit from this lair. When the fresh air filled his nostrils, he knew the exit was near. Loud sirens blared through the street and the voices of several men could be heard.

One shouted from behind him, while the other two from the ambulance. Taehyung stopped abruptly while he watched with eyes full of tears as the love of his life was taken in ambulance and set up an infusion, with difficulty finding his veins.

Taehyung put his hand over his mouth in order to alleviate the horror and anger he felt towards himself. And the disgust towards the whole world, which filled him unstoppably.

He looked around in fear, trying not to let his knees touch the floor. He has to stay strong.

The elder looked like his soul would leave his body at any moment and it was indeed so. Because Taehyung couldn't imagine roaming this world without Jungkook in it.

Jungkook was his guiding star, his compass, his north.

A few hours earlier

He must have been lying down for several hours.

He didn't even know how long he was unconscious.

The dusky sun gave way to bright moonlight, and Jungkook could only think that he had been lying down for a long time, maybe longer than he should have.

He managed to get up when in a second the images from the previous day flashed to him.

Misty eyes were locked all the time with the moon, which was visible from the position in which he was. Jungkook remembered that his video with Taehyung had reached a million views. The number itself clouded his mind and Jungkook could no longer think clearly.

And the moon was so bright. The night was so clear, in contrast to his confusion of thoughts.

The phone lit up continuously, but that didn't worry him. The man felt an unstoppable cramp in his leg, and his hands started shaking noticeably.

Jungkook had to find some more. He had to have some in the room.

When he rose to his shaky legs, he saw that this was not his room at all. Opposite his squeaky sofa was now a huge king-size bed, similar to the one used by the wealthiest clients at his old job.

The whole picture of Seoul was accessible from his window, as if he could hold city in the palm of his hand.

He quickly turned his mind back to what his body was crying out for and turned on the lamp switch and closed his eyes for a moment.

The man moved all the books and make-up from the table, looking for something specific. There were various magazines... no. And fashion accessories... he didn't need that either.

Where did he just put that?

He knew it's left even though he took more than he should have the day before.