Chapter 6

Someone was standing in the corner behind him. That shadow watched the scene and did not move. In the beam of light cast by the disco ball above their heads, the outline of the sleeve could be glimpsed. He was dressed in black as well as most of the members of the group that Jungkook was in that night.

- And kid, what do you say? Do we sign a contract or part ways?

12 hours earlier

- Jimin-shi... can you please pass me the cloth. It's over there, next to the bucket. - Jungkook asked as he meticulously held on to the chairs that were tucked under the table.

- What happened, Kook? Taehyung exhausts you... hmm? I wonder how... - Jimin giggled as he moved towards the direction where the cloth was resting.

- Shut up. It's not his fault. I'm just tired... so tired. And he never sleeps. And I can't end the call just like that... it was my fault... so we stay until morning to talk and then I have to go to work... ohh Jimin, I could fall asleep in this position...

He bent his back, leaning on his elbows while his head hung down.

- Don't you have the heart to tell your boyfriend that you want to sleep? Umm, I see you're whipped.

- I am not!

- Whipped!

Jungkook rolled his eyes as he slowly began to wipe the flat wooden surface next to him.

- And anyway, why can't Taehyung sleep?

- Well... he is an idol, so he is a night bird... during the day he rests and at night... - he tried to come up with an excuse in the moment, remembering that Taehyung's insomnia was a strictly confidential secret.

- He's calling... I see.. - Jimin answered and started wiping the window.

- And he's not my boyfriend!

- You quickly remembered to deny.

The laughter of the two friends filled the luxury apartment, and they could only pass the time chatting about the only thing that filled Jungkook's mind.

The younger took the phone in his hands for a second and saw that there were no missed calls or messages from Taehyung.

He thought to himself that maybe he really slept during the day. And it was pretty early for a star like V to wake up. It was not natural.

His fingers worked tirelessly on the small keyboard of the phone and he quickly sent a message to the elder, hoping for a quick response.

***

Right after the lunch break, which Jungkook slept through, Mr. Shin decided to introduce them to the new employee. They all gathered in the hotel corridor, standing firmly on the ground, with their hands by their sides, and no one dared to lock eyes with the boss.

- Team, this is a new member, Mr. Kim Namjoon. He will be responsible for you from now on. And he will replace me for the next three weeks while I'm on leave, okay?

- Yes sir! - it heard the choir agreement and Shin nodded as he left them with the new authority.

- Well, people, you can relax. Consider me a friend and I will you consider that too. Anything that is not clear, feel free to contact me and we will solve everything. I can see that... - then he glanced behind him and when he was satisfied that the Shin had really gone, he continued.

- ... fear fills the hotel when you hear Shin's voice, but that won't be the case with me. - then he looked each of them straight in the eyes.

And Jungkook could have sworn that the look this gentleman in the perfect gray suit, gave him lasted a little longer than 3 seconds.