Chapter 1

Third pov

He looked at his watch - it was almost 9 pm.

Guests, who were craving sweets, just like Jungkook himself, started arriving at the dessert shop. As soon as he paid for his order, he picked up his bags and headed for the exit.

The night was calm. The wind swept the street, carrying with it the pollen from the nearby florist's stall on the corner. Jungkook doesn't remember spring in Seoul used to be so beautiful.

He felt a sudden rush of chills as he started down the subway stairs, surrounded by a few people.

His hands were busy with bags full of groceries and the smile on his face indicated the young man's satisfaction.

You see, Jungkook has always been a humble young man. He was an  fifteen-year-old boy when he was forced to find his first job and earn his own money.

Therefore, he could not have a normal adolescence and experience the teenage years in the way his peers did.

However, he did not mind.

Jungkook was happy because his stomach was full before sleeping and he had a roof over his head.

Ten years later, he could afford a small apartment in the district, close to his workplace.

And that spring night he worked a double shift with the intention of providing himself with a slightly more luxurious meal because he was celebrating his 25th birthday.

It was September 1st. And like every first of the month, he was full of thoughts about a new beginning.

A bit sad, he always knew deep down that it was an unattainable dream and that maybe the next 1st would be the day when everything would change.

But the young man had no idea that it would be Jeon Jungkook's last birthday, because no one could have guessed what tomorrow would bring.

Putting the heavy bags down in the kitchen, which was a little separated from the rest of the apartment, he went to preper a hot tea.

He took the cake out of the box and placed it on the table in front of the TV, he closed his eyes, ready to finally make a birthday wish.

- Oh yes, I almost forgot... - he muttered and got up as he moved towards the closet, where he stored everything - from the wardrobe to the books. He opened a small pink box and took out a birthday candle and a lighter. Jungkook returned to his original position, placing his muscular body on the floor. Then he lit the candle and, thinking of his long-standing desire, blew.

***

Due to the lack of curtains on the windows, he had the opportunity to be woken up by the sun every morning.

And Jungkook loved it.

He could lie for hours and let the rays caress his dreamy face.

He could and wanted to feel the warmth of the April sun, but he didn't have time.

After all the morning routines, he headed to the luxury hotel, where he worked.

- Jeon... Jeon!!! - shouted Mr. Shin as he stood upright in front of ten people dressed in white uniforms.

- Yes sir? - answered the voice from the end of the line.

Shin took a few steps towards the figure of a man who was standing still, with his eyes fixed in front of himself.

- You are on the 7th floor today, you are in charge of both presidential suites. - while he said that, he turned on his heels, ready to leave the room.

- But sir... it's Jin's floor... I... I...