Chapter 6

A warm and smooth hand ran through the child's brown locks, waking him from his slumber. His stomach gurgled uncomfortably in his tummy, and he scrunched his face in discomfort, before leaning into the touch.

"Hungry?" a voice asked.

Juhyeok blinked his puppy eyes open, and widened them upon seeing who it was.

"Dad?!"

"Hey Juju, are you feeling better?" Taehyun asked, giving him a smile.

"A little. But what are you doing here?"

Juhyeok only asked because he noticed his dad was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, and not his usual work attire.

"I talked with my boss; he let me have a day off so I can take care of you," Taehyun explained with a smile.

For once he was actually being considerate; that's something I could get used to.

"Really?!"

"Yes."

"Awesome!" Juhyeok giggled, throwing his little arms around Taehyun's neck.

The father hugged his son back, catching a whiff of him.

"Ewww you stink!"

"Sorry."

Taehyun laughed.

"Come on, let's run you a warm bath; it should also help with your tummy ache."

Juhyeok watched from the toilet as Taehyun drew the hot water from the faucet, and squirted liquid bubble soap into the rub. He was mostly looking at his dad dipping his fingers in the water, checking the temperature, but also just at him.

The little boy never really says this, but he thinks that his dad is really handsome and good looking. With his tan complexion, straight high bridged nose, thin heart shaped lips, twinkling doe eyes, and a thin yet muscular body, Juhyeok found his dad to be a straight up model.

"You're handsome Dad," he decided to say.

Taehyun glanced up from the bath.

"What?"

"You're handsome. I think you're really good looking."

"Oh."

Taehyun chuckled.

"Thank you, I guess."

He stood up and went over to Juhyeok, helping him take his pajama shirt off.

"One day when you grow older, you'll be just as handsome as me," Taehyun smiled, patting his son on the head.

Juhyeok giggled.

"I hope so too."

But I think you'll look more like Mihye one day. You're the spitting image of her.

Taehyun helped Juhyeok undress and then placed him inside the bathtub. Juhyeok adorably sighed in relief when he felt the warm water over his tummy.

"Is it warm enough?" Taehyun softly questioned.

"Mhm."

"Okay."

He turned the tap off, and the two listened to the foam hissing from the slight bubbles that had formed in the water.

"Can I have my rubber duckie?" Juhyeok asked.

"Oh, of course."

Taehyun opened a drawer from the cabinet underneath the sink and took out Juhyeok's favorite rubber duck. He handed it over to his son, who looked at it with a bright and happy smile.