Chapter 28

🎶: 'Fairy of Shampoo' by TXT

While Juhyeok was celebrating Yerim's birthday with her and their classmates, Taehyun drove to the same restaurant where he got dumped, and was eventually led to being rescued by Soobin on that rainy night.

He had no idea how Soobin knew that this restaurant was the exact place where he was before they coincidentally met, but that guy was full of surprises after all.

He was a bit nervous, to say the least.

Taehyun couldn't help but wonder why Soobin seemed so shaky when he called him, asking to go out with him for dinner.

It's not like it's the first time we're eating or going out together.

Taehyun just stood by the entrance, fixing his clothes. Soobin told him not to wear anything too fancy, so he just went with a nice cardigan shirt and some sleek pants, along with wearing his favorite perfume.

Comfy but chic?

He liked it.

Taehyun kept checking his watch, seeing that the clock was already pointing at 6 o'clock, meaning it was time.

"Was I just early," he mumbled.

"Hello there."

He spun around to see Soobin standing there, dressed in a blue button-up and black pants, with his hair parted in his usual hairstyle. He had a single blush pink rose in his hand, which he held out to Taehyun.

"This is for you," he said.

"For me?" Taehyun questioned.

"No, for your dog."

"I don't even have one."

"Exactly."

Taehyun sighed and just took the flower, sniffing it.

"It smells nice," he said.

"That's good to hear."

Soobin held his arm out.

"Shall we?"

"You're really taking the role of the host, aren't you?" Taehyun responded smoothly, taking his arm.

"Yup. You deserve a break from being the one who needs to swoon the date."

Taehyun didn't know how to react, and just played with his hair to cover his red ears with his right hand.

Soobin just smiled smugly, while the insides of his head were screaming without an end.

YOU REALLY CAN'T MAKE THIS ANY MORE OBVIOUS, RIGHT??!!

Good for him that Taehyun was as dense as a goldfish.

They walked into the restaurant, where a waitress was standing by the check-in. Coincidentally or not, it just so happened to be the same one who served Taehyun the last time he was at this restaurant.

"Hello sirs, how can I help you?" she asked.

"I placed a reserve by the window in your private area, under Choi Soobin," Soobin replied.

"Ah yes."

The waitress scribbled something down, and she took two menus.

"Come along."

The two men followed the waitress, their arms still linked, and arrived in the private area Soobin had reserved.

And Taehyun didn't even dare to question how much money it cost.