Chapter 14

A/N: after three or so months... the long awaited chapter is finally here :)

+x+

🎶 : 'Dress Up' by Jonghyun

The door to the Kangs' house slammed open at smack 6:15 pm.

"CHOI BEOMGYU, EMERGENCY!" Taehyun screamed.

Two seconds later, Beomgyu appeared at the top of the staircase, looking worried.

"What happened?!"

"CHOI SOOBIN HAPPENED!"

Beomgyu's mouth completely hung open when Taehyun finished explaining everything to him.

Meanwhile, Taehyun had buried his face into a pillow, muffling his voice as he squealed into it like a teenager.

"Damn," was all Beomgyu could say after a while.

"I know."

Taehyun slid the pillow back down.

"And I thought my life wasn't already messy enough."

Beomgyu chuckled.

"Oh Tyun, you're acting just like you did back in high school when you first fell in love— OW OW OW!"

Taehyun smacked him with the pillow three times.

"NO!"

"OKAY OKAY FINE!"

Beomgyu flew and hid behind the opposite couch, away from his best friend.

"So, what are you planning to do?" he asked.

"Text him and tell him that this date is rejected!"

"What?!?!"

"Beomgyu, my dates are meant for someone who might become Juhyeok's mother. And Soobin, as weird and stupid I may sound saying this, isn't a woman!"

"You never said it has to be a woman—"

"CHOI BEOMGYU YOU KNOW I'M STRAIGHT!"

"I'm just saying!"

Taehyun aggressively shook his head.

"So in conclusion, no!"

Beomgyu exhaled.

"Oh Tae, are you seriously that blind?!"

"What do you mean?!"

"Ever thought that Soobin might actually like Juhyeok? That he's trying to figure all of this out because he maybe cares for your son?!"

Taehyun froze hearing that.

Soobin... liking Juhyeok? Could that be why he's so persistent? 

"I—"

"You know Taehyun, maybe you weren't successful yet because you were trying too hard to find someone, instead of just letting them come to you. Accept Soobin, and take the risk or chance here; you may just be lucky here," Beomgyu concluded.

Taehyun exhaled.

"Fine. I will meet him for dinner tomorrow."

"WOOHOO!!!"

Beomgyu stood up and hugged Taehyun tightly, smushing his face into his chest.

"I'm so proud of you!!!"

"Thanks. But..."

"What?"

Taehyun nearly bawled out loud.