Chapter 9

🎶: 'Bambi' by Baekhyun
A/N: if you're able to access the MV above, it's highly recommended to listen for the full experience <3 but wait for the song to start playing lol

A week had passed since that strange encounter in the school library, and Taehyun would be lying if he said he's stopped thinking about it.

But he was trying to forget it.

There were so many more important things to focus on, like his date that he was having at an even fancier restaurant right now.

Beomgyu and Kai were babysitting Juhyeok for the night again, so Taehyun wasn't too worried about leaving his son at home.

As usual when this endeavor happens.

"Hello, are you Kang Taehyun?"

The brown haired male turned around to see a woman with equally dark hair, wearing a green dress with black gloves and a black cardigan and holding a leather purse in her arm.

"Yes, you must be Hwang Minjeong."

"Indeed."

Minjeong held her hand out, and Taehyun, knowing what she was implying, took her palm daintily and kissed her knuckles.

"Quite a gentleman."

"I get that told quite often," Taehyun replied.

Minjeong nodded and she started walking with Taehyun inside.

It was almost like Taehyun's date with Namjoo; he asked for the reservation, and a waitress this time took him to their table.

Taehyun pulled Minjeong's chair back, letting her sit down, before pushing her in and sitting down in his place.

"Would you like me to call you by your name, or your surname?" Taehyun asked, as usual.

"Just by my name. But maybe you can call me something else later on," Minjeong replied, a flirty smile on her face.

The male chuckled, but it was more fake than anything else.

To his relief and rescue, the waitress came by again, asking for their drinks.

"A sprite please," Taehyun responded.

"Okay."

The waitress jotted it down in her notepad.

"And the lady?"

"A strawberry cocktail."

Taehyun's eyes sprang wide, reading the price of that: 25,000 won, much more expensive than a regular soda.

The waitress nevertheless wrote Minjeong's request down.

"Your drinks will come within a minute."

And she left, coming back with their drinks within a minute, as she said. The entire time, not a word had been exchanged between these two.

Taehyun was first to clear his throat, gaining Minjeong's attention.

"Where do you work?"

"Excuse me?"

"What is your job?"

Minjeong humorously chortled.

"I don't have one."

Taehyun raised a brow.

"Really?"

"Yes. I am in college after all."

If he would've been drinking his sprite, Taehyun would have most definitely choked on it and spit the contents out.

"I-In college?"