58

Nunew's POV

I looked in the mirror as I wipe my tears away. My eyes was all red and swollen. I sigh , closing my eyes as I gather myself.

"Nhu .." I opened my eyes , seeing Rain in the reflection.

"Khun Yáy wants to talk to you." He said as I nod , getting up slowly. I then walked past Rain but he then grabbed my wrist making me stop my tracks.

"You'll be okay." He said as I nod , not looking at him. I then walked out of the room , heading to where Khun Yáy is.

I soon saw her , standing near the window as she looked out. I then clutched my fist walking towards her.

"Do you need something , Grandmother ?" I asked as I held the chair , not facing herx

"It's been a long while since I saw you cry." She said as I look down to my fingers.

"Yes. I never cry." I said coldly.

"You only smile when you're upset." She said.

"During this past few weeks , you've been smiling." She continued as I clutch my shaking my hands.

"I know .. that you are not happy .." she said as I breathe in and out , trying to hold back my tears.

"But I pretended not to notice .." she said making me bite my lips.

"Because I thought you would get through it .." she said as I sigh.

"But that's not the case. Sorrow is on your face everyday that it scares me." She said as I look up , holding back my tears.

"I fear that you will also leave me , you've always kept your promises .. and you still do it .." she said approaching me slowly.

"But what I didn't realize that it makes you suffer .." she said.

"As your grandmother , I do not wish to see you sad .." she continued as I look down , fiddling with my fingers.

"Do you know ..when I see you losing appetite and losing your sleep , I don't feel a single trace of happiness .." she said.

"If this marriage , will make me lose you.. just like how I lost Gia .. like how I lost Karin .. I will not bear it at all .." she said as I slowly look at her.

"What do you mean grandmother ?" I asked.

"Rain came and talk to me before this .." she said making me frown.

"He told me to reconsider the wedding .." she continued as I look down.

"He told me how much pain you are going through ... and he told me how much love you have for that Zee boy." She said.

"He said he is willing to do anything to make you happy .." she said as I gulp my saliva.

"But .. I realize that I am selfish ..I never thought about your feelings .." she said as I sigh.

"I am selfish , just like Karin said." She said. She then slowly grabbed both of my hand making me face her slowly.

"You have done so much for me .. and you have done enough.." she said as tears rolled down my cheeks. She caress my head gently.

"It is time that I let you choose the life you want." She said as I look at her.

"And if being with Zee , makes you happy , I want you to go for it." She said as I breathe shakily.

"Go to Zee. Be with him. Love him." She said caressing my cheek as I sobbed softly.

"Okay Nhu ?" She asked as I nodded , crying as she brought me to her embrace.