𝟭𝟯 𝘈 𝘒𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘚𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘈 𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴

TW: Mentions of suicidal thoughts

[Wasteland, Baby - Hozier]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"Are we all clear on that?" Tony asks. "We go in and out as quickly as possible. There is no need to make this mission harder than it already is."

The office is filled with the entire team, listening to Tony explain our next HYDRA mission. Through the very important information we found at the last base, Tony and Bruce were able to locate an extremely hidden and almost dead base, underground. It was talked about in secret, but we all thought they went down when HYDRA was exposed. I guess if you hide enough secrets, you could seem dead from the inside. Tony keeps crapping on about how we need to be more vigilant and silent about our approach to taking down this organisation. Says the man who wears a bright red metal suit to work. I think he can tell all of us are not listening now, so he sighs big, taking a seat in his spinny chair.

"Look, I know you are all exhausted, but I need you all to pull through. This could be close to the end, I can feel it."

"And we will." Steve nods his head.

"Thank you," Tony seems to really appreciate that. "Alright, meeting over. We will talk in a few days about this mission, get ready."

Everyone stands from their chairs and exits the room. I practically run down the halls and towards my bedroom, not needing to spend another second with these people. I already feel bad that I had to decline Steve's offer to spend time in his room with Eden, reading and listening to music, but I can't get attached to her. Not if that hurts her and Steve. From behind me, I can hear faint footsteps, but I don't bother looking back. If I just ignore them and pretend that I can't hear them, then they might go away. I'm not in a talking mood right now. I make it to my bedroom door, and throw it back, closing it as I walk over to my bed. But, before it can close, a foot stands in between the door and the frame. I sigh as I look at my door, the wood moving forward and opening up. The door hits the wall and a body walks into my room.

Eden.

"What's wrong?" She seems frustrated. "And I'm not asking anymore, I'm demanding."

"What?"

"You've been avoiding me like the plague for a while. At first, I let you have your moment, but now I think I've done something, and I want to fix it, so you are going to tell me what is making you so angry that you feel the need to push me away."

"It's nothing," I look at the floor.

"No, it's something. And it's something big." She stalks towards me. "It wouldn't be a small inconvenience that makes you avoid me."

"Forget it, Eden." Now, I'm getting annoyed.

"What did I do? And don't tell me it's nothing, because I know you're lying."