𝟭𝟰 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘉𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨

TW: Secret relationship

[I Wanna Be Yours - Arctic Monkeys]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Once again, Eden has offered to cook dinner for the entire team. It's not like we have had a stressful and packed day, but she told the chef to have a day off and she would make food instead. The cook really appreciated it, since she has been non-stop cooking for the past week, every meal and added-on food when someone is picky.

Since we had our talk and admitted our feelings to each other, Eden and I have been constantly with each other. We are in hiding since we know her father would kill me if he found out that we were into each other. I'm not really sure what we are right now. I told her that I haven't felt like this in years and I'm scared that I'm going to do it wrong. Even back in the 40s, I wasn't the model boyfriend. I would go through girls quickly and have never felt in love. So, she suggested we don't put a label on it and we take it slow. I really appreciate that idea. She seemed so too.

She stands in the open kitchen, shaking pots and pans on the hob, adding spices to bowls, and chopping vegetables. No one is around the room and instead all over the compound, waiting for Eden to be finished. I stalk into the kitchen, keeping quiet so as to not alarm Eden. She has a sharp knife in her hand and is carefully cutting some food, adding it to the hot pot. I wrap my arms around her waist, place my chin on her shoulder and turn my head, kissing her neck. She turns her head backwards and smiles when she sees that it is me.

"Hey," I speak against her skin.

"Hi." She smiles. "What are you doing? My dad could see us."

"He's in his office." I shake my head. "He and Bruce are drowning in information about the next mission."

"Okay," She turns around in my hold. "Well, we have to be careful. There are cameras in here and he tends to check them before he goes to bed."

"Or," I smirk. "I could keep kissing you and then delete the footage."

"Oh, Bucky." She laughs. "Sweet, ignorant Bucky. You're lucky you're pretty, because if you think you can get into his office undetected, then you're really stupid. That place is on constant lockdown."

"You think I'm pretty?"

"Don't cherry-pick what I said." She rolls her eyes, turning back around. "And yes, you're pretty. But, you already know that."

"No, I don't." I keep my hands around her waist. "Keep telling me that."

"Careful there, Buckaroo." She walks over to the hob. "If you keep going down that road, you might grow an ego."

"Would that be so bad?" I lean against the counter. "You could always stroke it for me."

Her posture stands straight at my words, and she doesn't turn around to look at me. She doesn't seem annoyed, uncomfortable, or anything, just didn't expect me to say that. And, to be honest, neither did I. When I thought of saying that, I didn't mean it the way she heard it. She finally turns around to face me, with a smirk painted on her face.

"Oh, my god." I sigh. "I didn't mean to say that, what I meant was-"

"It's okay, Bucky." She strokes my arm. "I know what you meant." She walks past me, but her hand is still on my arm. "But, I wouldn't mind giving you a helping hand if you ever needed it."

I physically gulp as I watch her serve the dinner in dishes, placing them on the dining table. Even if I could respond to her, I wouldn't know what to say. I've never had a person be so openly sexual with me, and I'm not sure how she wants me to respond. But, she seems that she doesn't mind that I'm speechless, as she walks over to the staircase and calls out to everyone that dinner is ready. A few minutes later, everyone walks into the dining room and takes their respective places at the table. But, I change it up, stealing Steve's spot next to Eden. When Steve walks into the room, he doesn't seem bothered by my actions and just takes my spot on the other side of the table. I know it was a risky move sitting next to Eden, but when Tony and Bruce walk into the room together, too distracted with papers in their hands to notice the change in seating. The food is sitting on the table, and everyone digs in, complimenting Eden on her cooking. I have to admit, she is a good chef. Her hobby of cooking and reading that cookbook has come in handy.

The table falls silent as we all stuff our faces with the food, but I constantly keep getting distracted by just watching Eden. There isn't anything interesting about her eating dinner, but as I look at her, I know that I would be willing to give her that vulnerable part of me. I would enjoy doing that, even after years of being alone and touch-starved. So, instead of answering her suggestion with words, which would confuse the team, I reach my hand under the table and place it on her thigh. Not too high where I would make her uncomfortable, but just on her knee, letting her know that I am comfortable with her. She looks up at me and smiles at the feel of my hand on her skin. I can't help but smile too, and I don't want to remove it. We continue eating dinner until our plates are clean with my hand still on her knee.

To be honest, I'm not sure if this is slow, but I really like the way I feel around her.

———————————————
Coming back to the Walking Dead book idea, I was wondering if you would like it to be a Bucky Barnes fan fic where I infuse him into the plot of the show, or if you want it to be a standing-alone book and have a completely different love interest?