𝟭𝟳 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘏𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘴

TW: Descriptions of fighting and injuries

[Stay - Rihanna]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

As someone who has lived past the usual timeline for human life, I have experienced my fair share of near-death experiences. But, today is completely different to every other time. I wasn't prepared to die today. This mission I was allowed to go on since it was considered less packed and dangerous, and I practically threatened Steve if he tried to take me out of another mission. This is my revenge, not theirs. But, even though I almost got hurt badly, I don't regret going. Even if I was left on the battlefield, I would die knowing I was destroying the company that broke me.

When we walked onto the field, it was deadly silent. Usually, they come at us guns blazing, but this time it was isolated. It was unnerving. The inside was even worse. There were bodies scattered all over the floor but with bullet holes in their temples. Almost as if they had killed each other. My guess is they heard we were killing all HYDRA compounds and they got rid of themselves before we could. Smart as it almost made us drop our guard.

Almost.

The room where all the information was stored was filled with the remaining guards. Natasha was supposed to get in, grab the information, and get out. But, she got ambushed and had to fight her way out. Steve and I were the closest to her when she called for help through the earpiece, so we went to help her. When we arrived, someone slammed the but of a gun on my temple, momentarily knocking my vision. I stumbled into the room and attempted to fight my way through, but someone behind me kicked me to the floor. With my vision blurred, someone pressed a knife to my throat, and the pressure made me feel the blade against my skin. I wanted to make it out alive, so I thrashed against his hold, but he had too much of a grip on me. He started slicing my throat and I felt a tear drop down my cheek. All I could think about was what I would be leaving behind. Who I would never see again.

Eden.

Luckily, Steve caught on just before my life was ripped from me, and he threw his shield at the man, knocking him across the room. We three fought our way through the room, got the information, and jumped back onto the jet. Steve sat in the driver's seat next to Natasha, and me sitting on the bench directly behind them. Just as we were pulling back towards the compound, Steve announced that he was calling Eden. The ringing blared through the speakers before she picked up, her hard breathing loud.

"Are you guys okay?" She asks. "I haven't heard anything for 20 minutes."

"Don't worry, E. We're on our way home."Steve answers.

"What happened?"

"It was really quiet at first, but we got ambushed in the computer room." Steve turns to look at me. "Bucky got hurt, so I need you to get Dr Cho ready for a check-up."

"What?" She whispers.

"It's not that serious, but I want her to check his neck."

"What happened to his neck?"

"It got cut slightly." I can hear the panic in her voice at Steve's words. "Don't be scared, E. Just please get the lab ready. Dr Cho will know what to do."

"Okay," She sighs. "Notify me when you're back."

"Will do." Steve ends the call.

Steve flies the jet through the small remaining journey, landing it on the roof of the compound. Everyone walks out of the jet, grabs their belongings and storms into the compound. Standing at the doorframe is Eden, nervously biting her nails. When I and Steve walk off the jet together, she races across the roof and slams her body against mine, wrapping her arms around my torso. I reciprocate the hug and drop my chin on the crown of her head. The wind blows her hair in my face, the natural smell of her hair going up my nose.

"I was so scared." She whispers against my shirt.

"I'm okay, I promise."

She pulls from the hug, looking at my face. Her eyes glance down at my neck and stand there, looking at the small growing scar on the skin. I look down at her, my chin covering my neck and blocking her vision. When we both look up at the team, all their eyes are trained on us. Not only have they barely ever seen us speak to each other, they aren't used to seeing me being affectionate. This is probably the most foreign thing they have seen. Eden takes a step away from me when Tony's eyes are glaring holes at me. He walks over to us, grabs her hand and pulls her away from me. His whispering is like a hissing, but it's loud enough that I can hear every word he is saying.

"You stay away from him, do you hear me?"

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT