𝟯𝟰 𝘈 𝘞𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘓𝘰𝘸

TW: Angst

TW: Angst. (I'm sorry for how short and boring this chapter is, I might have time to update again today)

[Mr Forgettable - David Kushner]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

I feel terrible.

At first, the only reason I let Eden go in the first place was to aid her relationship with her father, but now we are across New York City, trying to avoid him. Eden stayed the night at a hotel after we were kicked out, and I went back to the hotel early in the morning to go and grab as much of our stuff to take back to the hotel. Steve and Sam helped me pack, Nat made sure that Tony was asleep and wouldn't see me, and Wanda made some food for the road and when I get back to the hotel. I thanked them all, and drove quickly away from the compound, without Tony ever knowing I was there. When I got back to the hotel, however, Eden wasn't asleep. She was sat upright in the bed, the duvet over her face, her tears seeping into the material. I stayed up all night, sitting with her, comforting her until she fell asleep in my arms. But, even after she fell asleep, I couldn't.

I spent the entire night, up with my eyes wide open, contemplating what to do next. There has to be something I can do. I know I won't be able to speak to Tony directly, and even if I did, it would be a suicide mission. But, I can't just sit here and listen to Eden's broken cries, it's killing me. There is nothing I can do here, but Eden told me before I drove us to the hotel that if we tried to meddle back at the compound then it would only end worse on our end. So, we kept in contact with a few of the team members and asked them to keep us in the loop. Steve offered to talk to Tony, but if I'm being honest, Steve would be one of the worst people to talk to Tony. Steve and Tony never had the best relationship, both of them having the obsessive need to be in control of every situation they are in. He then told me that he could ask someone else to talk to Tony, but who would want to do that? The only person I could think of who would is Pepper, and she is still at the secret safe house in the middle of nowhere, now with Morgan.

Now, as the sun rises, Eden shifts in the corner of my arms. I'm sat with my back against the headboard, her head on my chest, and her arms wrapped around my arm. She is slightly dribbling on my shirt, but despite that, she looks really cute. And relaxed. It's the most relaxed I've seen her since we got back together. She was always on edge, and the hairs on the back of her neck were constantly standing up. Now, she opens her eyes slowly, and it seems that for a second, she forgot where she was and seems scared. But, when I start rubbing her arm, she regains her consciousness and realises where she is, looking up at me and smiling, but it doesn't reach her eyes.

"Good morning," I kiss her forehead. "How you feelin'?"

"Fine," She mumbles.

"Eden," I sigh.

"I don't know." She sits up.

"Talk to me."

"I'm just-" She closes her eyes. "I'm scared that I'll never be able to talk to him again. He said that he can't even look at me, Bucky. My own father."

"I know, and I hate that I can't do anything to help."

"What do we do?" She pleads.

"I don't know, doll." I sigh. "The team has offered to talk to him, everyone there now knows about us. But, what would that do? It would probably just do more damage."

"But, we need to do something, we can't just sit here and wait for him to accept us. This. he never will, he's the most stubborn person ever."

"The only thing I can think of is we make him come to us."

"But, he'll never do that." She lies back down on my chest.

"I can't think of anything else. If we go back there then we will just make things worse. Maybe if he sees that he will never be able to see you again, then he might try and talk to you. To us."

"So, we just wait?" She asks.

"We have to. It's our only option."

"Okay," She whispers.

She closes her eyes, leaning further into me. I can't help but smile at the sight, but only when I remember why we are here, my smile fades. She falls in and out of sleep for hours, waking up and crying in my arms. I know she has no hope that this will work, and to be honest, neither do I, but it's all we have. We have to live through this dark patch to get through to the other side, together, only hoping that it will get better.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT